Problem with Facebook shop connection and its Commerce Policies

Solved
Highlighted

Hi!

I bumped into a huge problem, first of all on my Shopify store I can't connect my Facebook shop, because every time I connect my account and choose my store page then save, the whole thing says 'No page connected'. I don't understand it why it isn't working although I selected the page.

My second problem is that Facebook says that my shop is going against the commerce rules of Facebook (including Instagram). So it's leads to two big problem: 1. I can't promote my website aka my Shopify store. 2. I can't use the shopping feature on Instagram. Why would they say my shop is going against their rules when I have a registered company in Hungary and I sell actual products which is cosmetics and skin care products. It's not like I'm selling drugs or guns which would go against the rules nor I don't collect more information than needed for processing an order.

Could anyone help me solve these problems? 

Thank you in advance!

Alexandra

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
942 96 187

Hey there, @Alexandra11 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this, I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this issue. Can you check whether Shopify has access to your pages in your Facebook Business Integrations. You can do this by clicking View and edit beside Shopify here.

If Shopify already has access to your pages, try the following steps:

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel.
  2. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). Then log out of Facebook.
  3. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect. If the above steps do not work, click Connect another page or Disconnect it and connect another page here:

As for the second problem, this sounds like an issue from Facebook's side. It seems like your products may go against their commerce polices. Ingestible supplements and healthcare products are not permitted on their platform. You can, however, appeal this decision. If your listing has been rejected for violating Facebook's Commerce Policies and you feel that it was a mistake, you can request a review by following these steps and they'll take another look.

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hey I have seen this problem with Shopify not connecting to Facebook shop.  I battled and did everything that support was saying.  What I found is that I have selected Every Permission on the business page (Basic Permissions, Hiring Permissions, Ads, Admin) . I assumed that the software would know i was the Admin BUT in Facebook it had my Rule Listed As "Custom" . Once I took every permission off except the Basic and Admin it changed my title to Admin and then I was able to connect Facebook shop.  

Have people check that is says "Admin" under their name and not custom (although it includes Admin permissions the Shopify software only was reading "Custom"

1 Like