Is the latest Shopify update affecting Live View functionality?

B_H_B
Tourist
5 0 6
My Shopify app updated yesterday and since the update I can no longer see the visitors to my site or sales made. I’m worried that if this is a bug it may not be showing me any orders I’ve received. Is anyone having a similar problem with the latest update?
Thank you in advance
Replies 30 (30)

Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Hi, @B_H_B !

Katy here from Shopify. I hope all is well with you, and thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear this and would love to have a closer look into this with you.

To help troubleshoot (and also just in case any other users are experiencing something similar) I first suggest to ensure that your device's operating system is fully updated. Then to also to check, if you can, to see if these analytics are displaying okay when logging in from a browser or desktop. 

In either case, I have sent you an email so that we can verify your details and have a look into this more closely with our technical team. Do please reply to me when you can. 

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

B_H_B
Tourist
5 0 6
Hi Katy, I’ve checked my iOS and everything is up to date. I’m still having the same issue. Can’t see the dashboard.
Katy
Shopify Staff
779 43 178

Thanks so much for confirming this for me, @B_H_B .

Would you be able to reply to the email I have sent you? This way, I can then pass this through to our technical team for review. I have sent the email to the address which is linked to your forum account. Do let me know if you have not received this, or if you have any questions. 

Cheers,

Katy

Please note: This account is no longer regularly monitored.
 - If you need assistance please do start a new topic (referencing an older topic/post if you find this helpful).
 - Thank you for your understanding. We hope you enjoy exploring the Community.
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog.

Shaheryar347
Visitor
3 0 0

I am also unable to see my live views & dashboard from so many days. Updated everything but no luck. Please help

svensson104
Tourist
3 0 2

I have the same problem with my dashboard, I don't see any live visits since 1 week but I also have big disparities on GA and Shopify visits I have days with 70 visits on GA against 3 for Shopify.

Moreover in my reports, conversions / atc / checkout are not taken into account.

Can you help me?

svensson104_0-1603083284393.png

J8djfn2i3unso9g
Tourist
9 0 32

My viewers aren't showing up either. Not a thing. It sounds like nobody's live view is working, in fact.

Greenerymarket
Tourist
3 0 13

I WAS absolutely in love with live view and now it’s a complete disaster. I see so many are saying the same thing. How do we get it fixed. I don’t see where Shopify is acknowledging the problem and working on a fix?? Does anyone know? I’m so super bummed and at the absolute most important time of the year. I couldn’t see one shopper on Black Friday. Why do companies feel the need to make major changes before important dates. This should have been done in July to fix bugs before the holiday shopping. I pay close attention to times of days, after emails, after fb lives and on sales to watch how our customers visit. And now I see nothing except a white globe with a dot for us. This is super frustrating that things went backwards. 

Chris1128
Tourist
3 0 21
They wrote me back and said everything is working fine. But it’s not! It’s frustrating!
belezalife
Visitor
2 0 10

The latest live view is horrible, doesn’t work at all! I can’t see my customers in the map! I hope you guys reconsider going back to the older version, it’s a consensus among Shopify users that the new live view is terrible

jordansss
Visitor
1 0 2

Worst update ever, please return the old view, it's much clearer and easier, the new one is so frustrating and doesn't show anything!

It was my favorite part watching my live customers and you just ruined it 😞 

SJK777
Tourist
5 0 0

Agreed!  Same problem & have worked with the help center via chat, who also couldn't see visitors himself.

It has actually been a big problem.  Our company founder relied on this feature quite often.  

You really should revert back.  This is a major drawback and step backward for users.

Decorfaure
Explorer
52 0 81

Really? No one from shopify is going to reply or provide any feedback about so many negative reviews? Seriously, shopify you have made a mess of perfectly running system! Maybe your team should focus on other enhancements rather than trying to fix something which is not broken! 

Chelly
Visitor
1 0 1

I cannot see my live view anymore since this new update and it’s really annoying 

SJK777
Tourist
5 0 0

It is also unfortunate and irresponsible that no one from Shopify has addressed this in any way or responded to these comments. I have discussed it with the help center, and the 'gurus' also experienced the same issue with no resolution.  Just ignoring the issue is completely unprofessional.

TaurianBelle
Excursionist
18 0 6

same issue here..when im in Admin it shows I have visitors but when I click it..it shows for a second then disappear. Something is definitely wrong here..like there's some hokus pokus that Shopify is doing behind the scene. Have contacted them million times but the issue was not fixed nor addressed.

There is a current Class Action Lawsuit against shopify for data pilfering. You can sign up here if you want to be included, seem like they are hijacking your customers and sales. Share this link to shopify store owners that are having the same issues.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/privacy/data-breach/shopify-data-breach-affects-doze...

TaurianBelle
Excursionist
18 0 6

I have been having the same issues for more than 2 weeks..it would say the amount of visitors but when i click, it will blink and show the white dots then disappear. Something is up, send Shopify tons of messages regarding this but still happening and no fix. Telling me all kinds of BS that there must be something wrong with my system etc. knowing fully that the error is from their end.

jrichy
Visitor
1 0 0

facts

belezalife
Visitor
2 0 10

The latest map update is HORRIBLE, if by any chance Shopify reads this comment: PLEASE GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS DESIGN. I don’t understand what was the point of changing, this map bugs so much is astounding!

Chris1128
Tourist
3 0 21
I can’t see where my customers are on the map!
Decorfaure
Explorer
52 0 81

No one can!!! It is pathetic and it makes me furious every time I look at this pathetic live view! Words can't describe how furious I am feeling because of this crap change. 

Decorfaure
Explorer
52 0 81

Why is no one from shopify replying now???? Doesn't shopify know anything about user acceptance testing before releasing this pathetic update??

Iregalijoy
Tourist
24 0 2

I dont understand why they would change it knowing it doesnt work. Its dumb 

LME2021
Visitor
2 0 2

@Chris1128 wrote:
I can’t see where my customers are on the map!

Neither can I. I thought that I was the only one.

Iregalijoy
Tourist
24 0 2

That was a great feature to see your live visitors, and the also dont have phone support crazy you have to text them 

ajoyforever
Explorer
57 0 17

Why has Shopify not addressed this? At least say it's broken and they're aware.  I don't get it.

Iregalijoy
Tourist
24 0 2

Becuase they dont care. Dumb texting bs, they are too lazy to pick up the phone. If you didn't get payout hold yet you will eventually

Joshua_Boos
Visitor
1 0 1

This new live view doesn’t work and is horrific!

Naab
Visitor
2 0 0

Please consider signing the petition below to bring the old live view back. 

http://chng.it/7JQLTwj4C8

signoredevita
Visitor
1 0 0

My live view does not work since they redid it. It worked before! 

exhopify
Tourist
3 0 1

Still same old problem and it November 2022