Solved

Why is the robot challenge blocking customer access on my Shopify site?

JillJones
Excursionist
22 0 3

The login for this site is requesting robot challenge to everyone and when you hit submit it just goes back to the same page. I have not seen this before and did not set it up. I need to fix this as none of my customers can get into the site/accounts

Accepted Solution (1)

epidote
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just had the same issue and had to edit the custom theme. I was hiding the site content to non-logged in members except for a few pages. This new "challenge" page needed to be added so customers could log in properly. If you have a custom theme that might be the issue.

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

epidote
Shopify Partner
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just had the same issue and had to edit the custom theme. I was hiding the site content to non-logged in members except for a few pages. This new "challenge" page needed to be added so customers could log in properly. If you have a custom theme that might be the issue.

JillJones
Excursionist
22 0 3

I believe that was it for me too. Shopify tech helped me with this. Apparently it was a change Shopify made and affected some templates. 

BWat
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I'm having the same issue. Could you explain what you had to change?

Thanks

BWat
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I just spent 2 hrs on chat with Shopify on this issue to finally be told "It seems like this issue is still happening to some stores and shopify plus merchants. There is no work around time for this issue yet." and "Shopify developers are already working on this issue but there is still no update as of the moment if this has been fixed already."

I tried a brand new theme (Debut) and still have the same issue.

JillJones
Excursionist
22 0 3
I didn't change it myself, the tech I was talking to did it. He said he put
a "beta flag" in my coding. Not sure what that even means, but apparently it
worked.
WhistlePig
Visitor
1 0 0

How can you turn this off?  I'm trying my hardest to get this off and it won't work.  No one can access the store and I'm unable to get in touch with Shopify.

BWat
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

I discovered what I think is a new configuration setting. Go to Online Store->Preferences and then at the bottom is a setting for Enable Google reCAPTCHA on contact forms. I turned this off and it fixed my login issues. I know it might expose me to spam in the "contact us" form but I will deal with that. At least my users can log in again.