Problem with adding tax override for my products

Highlighted
2 0 1

I wanted to add tax overrides for some of my products as different categories have different tax rates in India. I have created Collections as well. 

But when I try to select a collection for the tax override, it shows no results. Is this some bug in the Shopify system? Or is it some error from my end? Please help!

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.47.44 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.50.32 AM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello!  I'm in the exact same situation.   Does anyone out there know what may be the problem? 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi Anurag,

I am facing the same issue for my store. However, I found that if I create a collection with a collection type as "manual" (i.e I will have to add products to the collection manually and not automatically through tags) then the collection shows up in the tax Override drop box. I have tried to contact shopify in any format but I have not found any way to contact them directly.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Only manual collections show up so if you want to override tax on any collection, create that collection and choose "Manual" instead of "Auto" on collection edit page.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

Any news on that?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Yes, please make it possible for automatic collection creation for tax overrides. It will be ridiculously complicated to manually add items for all my Printful products. Help! This tax situation is nuts. Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey, please make it possible - we pay for that - its a bug.. fix it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have the same problem for our bookshop in France.

We were asked to switch to the new UE system on the Taxes settings and impossible to tell Shopify it is not 20% but 5,5%

And no automatic collections pops out with the override menus.

I am so panicked right now.

Editions Bookmark

0 Likes