Problem with domain transfer

Solved
circular78
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi there,

I am having problem initiating a domain transfer.  Previously my company engaged a web design company to maintain our website. I had contacted the web design company to unlock my domain and they had sent me the EPP code to authorize the transfer. However, i have have trying for the past 48hours to complete the transfer in Shopify admin but it keeps showing the domain is still locked. I understand that it takes time for the domain to be unlocked. But waiting for almost 48hours is tad too long..

Could somebody please help ?? I do not know what is the problem.

Please refer to the domain dashboard.

Shopify Help Domain Transfer.JPG

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @circular78!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. 

If you are transferring a domain into Shopify; after you have followed these steps, it can take up to 20 days for the transfer to fully update. You will receive an email from Shopify confirming that your domain is transferred. There is no way we can speed this up, however, your domain will continue to work during the transfer process. For example, as you have the domain connected to your Shopify account already, there shouldn't be any reason for the domain to stop working. You should receive roughly 4+ emails during this process from Shopify, OpenSRS (our registrar) as well as from your old registrar. Some emails that you should look out for would be:

• Transfer initiated
  • Billing email sent
  • Set your data use consent preferences
  • Up to 2 emails for authentication 
  • Either "transfer succeeded” or “it failed for X reason, here are next steps & you’ve been refunded”

Were you able to complete the steps above successfully and have you received an email confirming that the transfer has begun? If so, then we would recommend keeping an eye out for the above emails and as soon as the transfer has been completed then this should be automatically updated in your Shopify admin. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Edit: If you have not received an email, it's likely you have completed the steps correctly and the transfer is already in process. We would recommend waiting 20 days for the transfer to update accordingly. If you would like for our support to take a look - please contact our live chat, email or callback support here so we can authenticate your account. 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Eva_
3 0 0

Hey, @Ted 

I am also experiencing some issues with the transfer. I initiated it yesterday and everything went smoothly until I had to wait for the confirmation email. Basically, I unlocked my domain, Shopify confirmed that it's unlocked and ready for transfer I then proceeded to buy it, and after that was done a pop up appeared and said that now I need to wait for an email that would probably go into the junk/spam folder of my main email. 24h later still no email. Could you tell me if this is something normal in such cases and I would need to wait some more or is there some issue here?

Kind Regards,

Kamen

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi @Eva_,

Thanks for reaching out and for letting me know!

I've just sent an email to you privately to help authenticate the account and resend the email. Please reply back to my email when you have a moment and if there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help! 

For anyone else that might be expiring the same issue, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here for further assistance. 

Many thanks, 

0 Likes
begood
1 0 0

Hi @Ted 
I am having this same problem. I have completed all of the steps but still have not received an email to confirm. Can you assist?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Ted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 111 125

Hi @begood 

Sure thing, I've just emailed you directly there with more info. 

Many thanks, 

0 Likes