Problem with sender email on shopify email

Fayfayelee218
Visitor
1 0 0

In order to fix this problem,

1. I checked my domain setting, that is "connected"

2. clear cache from my browser and using different computer.

However, it still appear "Your email may not appear this way in customers' inboxes." 

May I know how to fix this? Thank you.

Reply 1 (1)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Fayfayelee218!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

The situation you're describing is likely related to one of 3 scenarios shown below:

02-27-74146-74547

This screenshot is from the Shopify Email help center guide for setup. Have you had the opportunity to go through those 3 reasons and tried to follow the advice in those?

The error isn't related to your browser or your domain being disconnected. It's likely the email address you entered in the field here:

02-21-21483-31717

If one of the 3 scenarios applies to your email address here, you'll want to make sure to correct that. To recap here are the reasons why you may be seeing this error regarding your sender email address:

1. You're not using a custom email using your custom domain

2. Your address is DMARC protected (more information in the guide above)

3. Your domain hasn't been authenticated/verified for the Shopify Email App

When it says it won't show up in the customer's inbox the way that you entered it into the settings, it means that the From section of the email will show up differently than what you inputted. Here's where the customer will see this difference:

02-39-12288-16458

Once you get your sender email sorted there, I highly recommend taking a look at email marketing funnels. This is going to be an incredibly useful way to convert more customers in the long run by nurturing the subscribers you have. This is a super cost-effective way to increase profits since you won't be spending as much from your marketing budget to acquire new customers.

Subscribers and previous customers are more likely to convert in comparison to those who are brand new and never seen your store before. Take a look at this email marketing course we offer for free. It'll have some helpful information to get you prepared for a long-term email strategy.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog