Problems Connecting Facebook Shop

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi! I've tried multiple times to connect my business' Facebook page to Shopify, but keep getting the following error (even though I'm the FB Business Page owner with admin access): To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas for how to fix it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
741 57 91

Hi @alishaw,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds as though you are seeing this error appear in your admin. What's happened is the Page Roles in your Facebook Business account is set to Custom as opposed to Admin. The purpose of a Custom account is that the role is limited to a selection of tasks able to be completed and this restricts third parties (such as Shopify) from full access to the Facebook page, so this will need to be changed slightly. 

First, please review the Page Roles in your Facebook account. To do so, please log into your Facebook account and select Settings > Pages roles. If your account is set up as a Custom account it should appear like this example. To change this, please follow the below steps: 

Once disabled, please review that your Facebook Business Page settings look like the screenshot on the right here (which can be found in the Facebook Page > Settings > Pages Role as mentioned previously above). 

Once they look as expected, please try the Facebook Sales Channel connection once more in Shopify and let me know your findings! You should now be able to connect and be put in review with Facebook.

All the best,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

While it may work in the context of fixing the problem on Shopify, it's not an acceptable solution for those that are indeed Admins of a Facebook page and require Custom permissions in addition to being an Admin having full access + authorization.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

I did all these steps and nothing has resolved it. I have deleted the Shopify Facebook app, done the business admin side, made sure im the admin on the page and still nothing.  

0 Likes