Problems Printing shipping labels on Dymo LabelWriter 4XL

GeekyLori
Tourist
8 0 2
I’m using a Zebra LP2844.

Half of the bar code is cut off if I don’t change the scale.
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 266

Hi, @GeekyLori

Thanks for letting me know. 

The Zebra LP2844 isn't a Shopify-supported printer, so I recommend reaching out to Zebra directly for more help with this. They should be able to troubleshoot this situation to ensure your printer settings are correct, and explain how to get labels printed without the barcodes being cut off. You can contact Zebra about this here

Best of luck with this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Vancoga
2 0 0

I've been using Shopify for years with absolutely no problem printing labels or packing slips until the holiday season. I was using the same Dymo 4XL I've used from the start. It started with my shipping labels not automatically printing portrait without me tell them to. Then the packing slips began printing in extremely poor quality. I'm thinking the printer is old maybe it needs new labels and a good cleaning. Nope. Not only was the print quality crap, but the packing also slips OUT OF NOWHERE started printing at a much smaller scale. Like the others, I figured out the workaround (downloading each slip and printing individually adjust the scale on EACH AND EVERYONE.

This has been beyond frustrating and time-consuming. So I decided to purchase another printer, a Rollo. It was delivered and set up today. Guess what? It wasn't my printer its Shopify. I need a fix and don't bother sending me the link on how to change my print settings while printing a shipping label. It's correct and not my problem.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 266

Hi, @Vancoga

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced. I absolutely understand your frustration with this situation, and I'd like to help look into this further. 

Can you please confirm if the shipping labels and packing slips look correct in the print preview dialog that appears on your end when following these steps? If your labels and packing slips are showing up in this preview at the wrong scale, or in the wrong position, just let me know and our team can help look into this further. 

However, if these items display correctly in the print preview dialogue, then it likely means the issue is tied to printer settings instead. I know you mentioned that your printer settings are correct, but it's definitely worth double checking this to confirm. To do this, please follow these steps and ensure you're using the '4 x 6' size when printing out your labels. 

Keep me posted on this, and I'll be happy to continue helping out! 

0 Likes
Vancoga
2 0 0
The shipping labels are set up, display, and print properly. The
problem again is with the packing slips for me. When you create a
packing slip it opens a pdf window. In the past, I could print them
just fine on a 4x6 label portrait (as displayed) or landscape
(preferred). Now, it prints at a reduced scale either way. There were
no changes made to my computer. My Etsy labels and packing slips
continue to print correctly.
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 266

Hi, @Vancoga

Thanks for following up with these extra details. I'm glad to hear that your shipping labels are printing correctly! 

In terms of the packing slips though, if you prefer to print them on 4 x 6 inch labels, we recommend following the steps outlined in this forum post. These steps will help customize the packing slip template to ensure it's optimized for printing in 4 x 6 format, rather than being set up for printing in 8.5 x 11 format, which is the standard setup on Shopify. 

Please let me know if you've already tried these steps, and if you're still running into the same troubles. I'm happy to continue troubleshooting this situation to ensure a resolution is reached. 

Best, 

0 Likes
Ophelia43230
1 0 0

@Rae 

i am new to Shopify and just purchased the dymo printer from you.

trying to do a test print and only the half label is printing out

i have almost gone through an entire rolls of thermal

paper.

I have also check the paper size as you suggested

I thing is working

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1016 79 266

Hi, @Ophelia43230

Thanks for reaching out about this, and confirming that you're already using the '4 x 6' paper size. I'm happy to lend a hand to work through some more troubleshooting and determine why your labels are getting cut off. 

As a starting point, can you please confirm if your shipping labels appear correctly in the print preview dialog box that shows up on your end when following these steps to print a shipping label?

Let me know if the labels in this preview are displayed at the wrong scale, or in the wrong position. If this is the case, our team can help look into this further on our end. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

0 Likes