Problems buying a new domain --- Please Help!!

Solved
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi everybody! 

Im having a problem that is holding me back of launching my store to the public. This is related to the store domain. Right now im holding the default: .myshopify.com domain. When trying to buy a new one, I search for mine and see that its available for purchase so i click on buy. When i do that, a new page apears (see the attached image) with a red text box saying "First name must not contain special characters" and a button to edit the store settings. when i click on the button to see what the problem is, i cant find anything with special characters, therefore i cant solve the problem and cant buy the domain. Ill attach a second image with the store setting, see if im mission on something. Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 131

Hey there, Adrián.

Bo here from Shopify Support. 

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding this, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. I really appreciate the attached screenshot also! I reached out to our billing team and they have suggested that this could be an issue with the accent on the "a" at the end of your name. 

Also, welcome to Shopify! Getting ready to launch is super exciting. I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. I just thought I’d share some great links to help make those first sales:

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Tourist
15 0 2

Hi Bo! 

Thank you so much for the help and for the wishes! First time somebody actually cared for me in a forum! I'll check those articles too! Thanks!

1 Like
1 0 0

I once had a similar problem, but now everything is working, I hope that the developers have fixed it.

Tor Browser Bundle http://tor.browser.ideaprog.download/ самый анонимный браузер
0 Likes
1 0 0

ı have a same problem and ı changed store name lots of tıme but ıt dıdnt worked. Please can you help me..Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.42.02 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-08-07 at 10.40.41 AM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 131

Hey there, @yusufilayda 

I would like to get our technical team to look at this. To do so, I must verify you as the account owner by reaching out to you via email. Is that ok with you? 

Al the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
1 0 0

I also have the same problem and it doesn't work out

@Bo wrote:

Hey there, @yusufilayda 

I would like to get our technical team to look at this. To do so, I must verify you as the account owner by reaching out to you via email. Is that ok with you? 

Al the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
667 61 131

Hey, @tom-and-jewelry 

I would also like to get our technical team to look at this. To do so, I must verify you as the account owner by reaching out to you via email. Is that ok with you? 

Al the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm also trying to buy a domein for a few days already but no succes at all.

I tried 2 different credit cards, with allow to buy from the internet.

I tried different browsers.

I get always the same message Schermafbeelding 2019-09-06 om 12.49.45.png

Edit everything so that also right. 

I really don't know how to go forward on this.

Please help!

Thanks..

0 Likes
2 0 0

Problem solved :-)

There was a space between the zip code.

0 Likes