Problems buying a new domain --- Please Help!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everybody! 

Im having a problem that is holding me back of launching my store to the public. This is related to the store domain. Right now im holding the default: .myshopify.com domain. When trying to buy a new one, I search for mine and see that its available for purchase so i click on buy. When i do that, a new page apears (see the attached image) with a red text box saying "First name must not contain special characters" and a button to edit the store settings. when i click on the button to see what the problem is, i cant find anything with special characters, therefore i cant solve the problem and cant buy the domain. Ill attach a second image with the store setting, see if im mission on something. Thank you very much! Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 2.00.20 AM.png

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 14 14

Hey there, @ecom26!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble with purchasing your domain, but I'd be happy to see how I can be of assistance.

I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated with your Community Forums account. If this is the same email address as the one on your Shopify store's account, can please respond to the email and provide your .myshopify.com URL? I'll be able to verify your account and take a look at any errors we might be able to find in the back end. If this email address on your Shopify store is different, you can simply CC the correct email address and respond through there.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Im having the same issue. Please helps.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
135 14 14

Hi there, @Mardeen!

I've gone ahead and sent you an email as well. If you can please respond to that email from the correct email address associated to your account and provide your .myshopify.com URL, I'll be happy to verify you and take a look into your account.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
1 0 0
I'm having the same problem. My store is Effloresce Skin
0 Likes