Problems with Shipping

Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi,

I am creating a shop where I want to deliver food from the producer to the customer from Italy to UK. 

I want to set the condition so customer will pay the delivery depending on the producer he chooses. If he buys from 2 producers he will pay two delivery, but from 129£ delivery is free of charge.

So I went to Settings, Shipping and I added a general shipping rate with the conditions stated above. At the bottom of the page under the conditions I see a spheric icon with written 

NOT COVERED BY YOUR SHIPPING ZONES
241 countries and regions

Create shipping zone
At the same time I created custom shipping rates for each product sorted by producer in order add the shipping costs in case of 2 producers in the same order.
At the moment the conditions work if there is only one producers, but it doesnt recognize others producers inside the order.

Hope it is clear. thanks for helping!
Daniele
0 Likes
Highlighted

hi, i think u can solve this problem by adding a new location for ur products by going to settings-locations-add new locations. this will allow u to keep some products in one location(first producer in ur case) and some products in another location(2nd producer). then u will have to goto shipping settings and create different shipping zones, profiles and charges. i hope you understood. let me know if u need any assistance 

Shopify Agency for International Brands
Email: support@theleadermedia.com
WhatsApp: +917012490592
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
? Talk to our Shopify expert
? Best Shopify themes for November 2020
? Best Shopify Apps for November 2020
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 1

Hi,

thanks for your reply. The thing is that I’ll have 10+ suppliers so I’ll have to find another solution ...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
75 4 16

Hey @Danielexx85,

I'm a bit unclear of what you mean by what you said here:

"Create shipping zone

At the same time I created custom shipping rates for each product sorted by producer in order add the shipping costs in case of 2 producers in the same order.
At the moment the conditions work if there is only one producers, but it doesnt recognize others producers inside the order."

From what you're describing, you'll want to:

1. Create a Shopify shipping profile for each of your Vendors
  2. Assign the products that are sold by this Vendor (use Automate Shipping Profiles to automate your product sorting if you have a lot of products, it saves you from manually doing this)
  3. Define the shipping cost of this product for orders under 129£, and then also 'Add Rate' and set it to 0£, adding a price-based Condition of 129£
  4. Repeat for each Vendor

A few notes:

• Make sure your shipping titles are all the same name for each type, i.e. 'Standard Shipping' for your charged rates and 'Free Shipping' for your free rates, otherwise they won't combine at checkout and will show up separately. 
  • Let's say Vendor A charges 5£ for shipping, Vendor B charges 8£, and Vendor C charges 10£ for shipping. Your shipping rates will all add together to show a cost of 23£ for shipping. If you want more control of your blending, Intuitive Shipping is a fantastic fit for this. 
  • If you only ship to the UK, you don't have to set up shipping rates for any other country so you can ignore the Shopify spinner. 
  • Please keep in mind that if you offer tiered pricing for any of your vendors (i.e. 1-5 lbs is 10£, 5.1-10 lbs is 15£ etc.) that Shopify's shipping profiles bases these Conditions on order total, not what's in your Profile. Only flat rates work with Profiles. 

I hope this helps!

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes