Problems with cart in shopify store

Solved
3 0 0

Hi there,

My name is David and I recently decided to launch my first online store! I did the regular steps: choose a theme, added products, set-up apps. I even tweaked a few settings with the code editor with the Html code from the Shopify support website itself. After all of this, I wanted to launch my website (27 November) when I realized that the cart wasn't working for the desktop version as well as for the mobile version of my store.

problem 1: There is no cart icon visible on the mobile version of my store, It's impossible to get to the cart by clicking on the cart icon. (that isn't present on the current mobile version.)
problem 2: On the desktop, as-well-as on the mobile version of my store. It's currently impossible to add products to the cart. When you do add products to the cart you get linked to the search page and not the cart page. 

If you guys are free I'd love it if you could take a look at it
(I haven't tried to generate any traffic to the site other than friends and family, so there currently is no password) website: bottlechampion.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
644 132 152

Hello David,

I checked your store and find, yes there is issue as you mentioned in your post.
And reason its not working is your customization
1) If you check cart icon in desktop its not in its position and i think you make modification in html and that's why not its hidden in mobile too.

2) Impossible to add products to the cart, yes right away there is issue in it. Reason same, your modification. As i check in console there is no form tag outside product variant and button which is necessary.

If you fix these issue, both feature will start working as it was working before.
Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there, 

thanks for indentifying the problem I appreciate it a lot.

I have on elittle question though, what exactly is a form tag product varient. (not really much of a coder)

but thanks again. So far

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Nevermind you guys I fixed it:
I did what Guleria told me to do about the invisible cart on mobile. (It was some code about small--*something*) It worked.
for the second problem, I found some weird piece of code in the cart.liquid file I must've partly deleted that stopped you from adding the product to the cart, but instead linked you to the search quarry. Thank you guys for identifying the problem and helping me out.
0 Likes