Problems with connecting my site with my domain

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am hoping someone can help as the person i spoke to on shopify couldnt, which is frustrating.

I tranferred my domain to shopify and when i try and reach my site, it says not connected and is not secure.

after speaking with customer support, they told me they could access it. i reached out to several people to see if they could connect as customer support told me the problemwas my server or connection or I was typing it in wrong lol. some people I reached out to could connect and some could not. I know there is a problem but literally customer support ended chat as they couldnt see a problem. I am totlly frustrated at this point. Does anyone have any advice on this. I am sure I have did something wrong in my site at my end but have no clue what

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

Hi, @lowlander,

Hank here from Shopify.

Would it be possible to share your store URL so that I can check this on my end for you?

The most common issue when it comes to connecting your domain is within your DNS settings. It is important that there is only one A record with a value of 23.227.38.65, and that you have a CNAME record with a value of shops.myshopify.com. I will share a snippet below from the guide I linked for ease. 

20-56-d4k5z-o9jof

But there can be other issues, sometimes there can be more localized issues like your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your browser, for example. Can you try opening your website using incognito mode to see if this works? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache and trying once more?

Let me know how you get on, and once you share your store URL, I can test some things for you.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes