Product Core Charges

Cameron_Gleichm
5 0 0

Hello. There was an old post regarding adding core charges to a product. I need help on how to setup a product with a core charge that is collected up front but is refundable. I know if someone pays using PayPal, I can send them a refund for the core portion....but I need an option for refunding if they checkout using Shopify. IS there a way to add core charges to specific products? Many of my products have core charges of various values. I am not very experienced in custom coding or metatags so any help is greatly appreciated. If there is an addon to meet my needs, please let me know as I may have missed it while searching.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

0 Likes
JarvisColtrane
Shopify Expert
265 1 16

Hey Cameron, would you mind expanding a little bit? You want to have one charge for the product that would be refundable (one part) and the other wouldn't? Am I correct? Also, which payment gateway are you using? 

Jarvis @ Kaleido
- Slow Shopify Store? Install our PageSpeed Magic app.
- Have more questions? Feel free to email me.
- My reply helped? Click Like to show me some love!

0 Likes
Cameron_Gleichm
5 0 0

Hello. With my old WordPress site we used an add on called force sell. Basically it forced the core (which was setup as a separate product) into the cart when a specific product was added. So, from there I could refund the core portion of the order after the sale was completed and the core item was sent to me.

So essentially thatd what I am looking for...a way to force a core charge onto a specific item and a way to refund it, whether it be forcing a core setup as a separate product or actually showing it on the item prior to purchase. Whatever is the easiest way to setup on my end and gets the point across to the customer that there is a core charge for that item.

As for gateways, I am allowing Shopifys system and PayPal currently...hopefully amazon payments in the future but that's a ways out. I have never done a refund on Shopifys yet so if there is a way to refund a partial amount...please advise how to do so.

Hopefully that all made sense what my intentions are for cores...

0 Likes
JarvisColtrane
Shopify Expert
265 1 16

Makes total sense. The way I see it is adding the product in the cart if certain item is in the cart. We have a customization that adds a gift (you can add pricing to it and make it the core product). Once the order goes through, you can do partial refund and voila, you have your system. 

You could set it up on any product really, once the system is in place. 

Was this what you're looking for? 

Jarvis @ Kaleido

0 Likes
Cameron_Gleichm
5 0 0

So with this addon, essentially it adds a product to the cart if a specific product is selected. Then it is refundable after the customer, in my case, returns the product. That sounds like it is perfect. Now to prevent my customer from removing the "core charges", does it prevent the customer from removing the gift item from the cart? In my case, core charges are non-cancellable unless they return the core. Thnks for all the help you are providing with this!

0 Likes
JarvisColtrane
Shopify Expert
265 1 16

Exactly. If a specific product(s) is in the cart, it's going to add this one (it could be 2 products for example). By default it doesn't but we can tweak it so it can't be removed at all (the remove and quantity buttons wouldn't show up, we could even put a note saying it's not cancellable or however you'd prefer it). No problem, happy to help :) 

Jarvis @ Kaleido

0 Likes
Cameron_Gleichm
5 0 0

Perfect. That is exactly what I need. IF we are able to make the gift not be removable like you said (no quantity or remove button)....let me know how to proceed to get this addon....as I assume you will have to change some coding to meet my requests prior to purchasing it directly off the site right? 

0 Likes
JarvisColtrane
Shopify Expert
265 1 16

Indeed we can (pretty simple actually). Just grab the add-on and shoot us a short email at welcome@kaleido.club so we can handle the logistics via email rather than here.

Jarvis @ Kaleido

0 Likes
Cameron_Gleichm
5 0 0

Perfect. Just bought the addon and sent the email. Thanks for all the help!!!!

0 Likes
MrOrange
1 0 0

@Cameron_Gleichm are you still using the gift plugin as a solution for core charge? How is it working for you?

0 Likes