Product Description Generator

Tourist
6 0 2

Hi does anyone know of any websites where you can input product information and it will then generate a product description from it.

I know some people use content writers but I have checked and found that they would be costly for doing around 500 descriptions. 

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
55 0 4

It would be awesome of there is such thing. Count me in.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

For books CDs and vinyls you can use music magpie co UK . Just scan the associate barcode

best

thunderhat.eu

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I just know exactly what you guys need, it creates description automatically, all you have to do is input the item specifics and it will generate description for you, very simple and exactly what I needed.

Check for Kopigin app on Shopify.

Thanks!

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Kopigin is way too expensive for a store with with thousands of products.

$1.25-$3.00 per description?  Way too high.

It would be cheaper to find an app developer on Odesk or a site like that.

My 0.02 cents worth.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

It might be expensive but it does the job, they offer free trial and so right now I am just figuring out, over all I like it because it generates nice and unique description.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Creating your own product description may give a bit more sense of originality though! 

0 Likes
4 0 0

too expensive

0 Likes
Excursionist
54 0 14

Try out Iwriter, you will have to filter through the authors. But there are some gems in there. 3 dollar article. You can easily get 2-3 descriptions per article. So $1 per description. After doing some filtering and relationship building.

Be very clear in your hiring description what you need, and explain you will grade poorly for non native english speakers. 

Regards!

Devon

www.bikiniluxe.com

Visit our Luxury Bikini and Women's Fashion Website, Featuring many highly sought after and limited edition pieces from around the world! http://www.bikiniluxe.com
1 Like
2 0 2

I've used microsoft excel to manage all that. It can be time intensive to set up the formulas at first, but once it is finished it allows you to manage all your inventory from the spreadsheet, including writing the product descriptions too.

If you're really ambitious, you can also build your own mini ERP system in Excel, using separate sheets in the document for each stage in the process (for those of you who self-manufacture, or manage manufacturing in some way).

How I do it using excel is to build a template for the product description itself:

- use information like collections, tags, etc. as filters.

- make a standard layout for what types of things you want to talk about, and then determine how those things vary based on the filters available.

- write the flavor texts for the different types of things that will be said according to collection, etc.

- build a formula that uses CONCATENATE() and if statements to put together the text for the collection.

If you are really interested my own source code, I can share that too. It is really different for every company though, so I encourage you to try out using excel and play around with CONCATENATE() and IF() to make repeatable product descriptions.

Check out my site to see the product descriptions for my products. Send me a message on the 'Contact Us' section, and I can give more advice if needed.

xoxo, 

Laurent

laurentbelle.com

1 Like