Product Options - Why Won't Shopify Fix This Long Standing And Incredibly Important Issue

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

So, I am working with app developers to get options on some of my products that have way more than the 100 limit that shopify imposes, have pricing variations, etc. It is a store with a large inventory, so I need to be able to create options that can be applied to a bunch of items at a time... not 1 by 1 like in the shopify settings. There aren't that many apps that handle options well, and I tried the shopify endorsed Bold app, which basically turned my theme into swiss cheese and broke it. Deleted the app, fresh install of the theme, back to square 1.

I am working with a new company, and having big issues because the app has to play games with the code / functionality of shopify to create said product options (like a lot of apps do - have to create workarounds for the shopify core). I can no longer use Quick Cart for this very reason, and now my Product Cart is acting up and not usable. 

For the life of me, as ecommerce grows, and more complex items are being sold online, why on earth isn't shopify modifying their product options section? Limiting us to 100 variations, not being able to create options templates, no conditional logic, etc etc etc, and this is a problem that people have been crying about / begging for for years, but to no avail. Shopify, we need you to get your service current. That is great that I can list my item on Instagram, or Wanelo, but what can I list if I can't get my options / site to work properly? I am begging, pleading, prostrating myself to you guys. What will it take to do this? Praying...

Andrew Kamchi www.MassageStore.Com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1064 64 124

Hi there!

Don here from Shopify!

Thanks for taking the time to outline your requirements here on our merchant forums. :)

I can definitely file a feature request for this on your behalf with our developer team to highlight this functionality that you feel is missing.

For the time being, have you checked out the free Infinite Options app for this?

You can also always contact us live from our support site if you'd like to make a feature request or get any other sort of support.

Thanks again for taking the time to outline your requirements for us here. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

Hi Don, yes, I have looked at all of your apps. That app, and ones like it, are for very simple needs, such as products with different variations that go beyond the standard shopify 100 - it is actually not a solution to what I originally posted about. When a store gets bigger, and sells products with pricing variations based on said products, that is where things get incredibly complicated on shopify, and what is I believe a choking point for any store that wants to grow with the shopify platform. 

I appreciate your offer to submit a request, and sure, be my gues. This is an ongoing issue that has been requested for years, with people literally begging and pleading for shopify to integrate this into their core code since pricing changes can get sticky with the shopify system, and truly should be a part of the internal system. I have been watching the forums for a long time, requests going unresponded to, or promises made with no results, so I can only hope that this time something will be handled a little differently.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

Does anyone else have an idea or answer for this? Shopify? I am going through hell right now working with one of the top rated product options app, and one of the only ones that does price changes based on the option selected. I may actually have to leave shopify because of this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I ave a similar problem, and will possibly have to migrate the whole thing to a competing product that has a very practical and efficient system.

0 Likes