Product Page Slow Load

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Hi all,

The product pages on my site has a very long loading time. I've tried to look at what could be causing the slow load but couldnt find anything wrong with it.

Maybe someone here can point me to the right direction on what to fix to rectify it?

Example of my product page: Link here.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 0 50

My name is Aaron, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

I see what you mean for sure, that page does take some time to load completely!  There's a couple things that I can suggest looking into:

• Looks like you've got a fair amount of widgets and apps installed in your store - a large amount of apps can slow down load time, so you might look at eliminating anything nonessential.
  • Having run a quick test on your DNS settings, it looks like your CNAME is pointed at your store just fine, but the A Record is set to 103.6.245.199.  What you want set as the A Record is 23.227.38.32 - more information on that right over here!  If there's redirects set up with your domain host, that can bog things down somewhat.  If you run into trouble getting that sorted out, reach out to your domain host - they should be able to help!
  • It doesn't look like that's the case here, but in general lots of very large images and videos can impact loading times - if those images that you're using are truly huge, that could be having an effect.
  • Finally, I can't tell at first blush what theme you're using, but some third party themes can be slower if they have a lot of bells and whistles.  If the theme that you have installed wasn't made by Shopify, you could reach out to your theme developer for more help in improving those load times!

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Aaron | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
258 0 23

It's mainly the 3rd party scripts that are taking the time from what I can see in the Chrome Inspector Timeline screen.

You've got a script that is timing out as well from setup.shopapps.io. Something to do with hashtags if you have an app like that.

I'd turn off all your 3rd party apps and then try it. Turn them back on one at a time until you find the culprit.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

Thank you both for your help. I tested with removing and readding the apps, but it was still the same.

And then I found the 'hashtag' line in the template and deleted that. I believe that was some leftover code from a deleted app. And now it's loading so much faster! Yay!

Thank you so much for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

My product page load super faster! Take a look: http://bit.ly/2nJhgyr

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1366 24 246

Google's PageSpeed tool gives a good overview on the perf bottlenecks: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

APPs do have a negative impact, consider limiting the number, remove unused APPs.

https://sections.design tips, tricks & Shopify sections
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Sometimes it's the apps that are slowing your website down. I see that often in shops that our app company supports. I wrote a blog on how you can spot those by yourself.

Basically what I usually do to diagnose if it's an app that is slowing you down:

Optimizing your Shopify store - how to spot slow apps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Shopfy is considered to be one of the best ecommerce platforms in terms of page speed, you'll find plenty of independent research backing this, like this.

I have to agree with Aaron - from what we see, what is usually driving down page speed is un-optimized apps, and unfortunately Shopify's App Store is full of them. For example, your Auto Currency App alone takes more than 1 second to load.

I see you have 8 apps installed on your storefront - every time a visitor lands on your store, there are 8 separate requests made to different servers around the world.

This is one of the reasons we've launched earlier this year VITALS - one of the most complex Shopify app ever built, with 30+ apps in it (everything from product bundles and volume discounts to currency converter and product reviews, trust badges and more). We've seen a significant decline in terms of page speed for the stores that switched to VITALS, not to mention the cost reduction and the lack of conflicts between various apps, you must have seen this as lot as well).

VITALS: 30+ Shopify apps-in-one
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Shopify is considered one of the best ecommerce platforms, if not the best in terms of page speed. There are lots of independent studies, like this one, pointing this out.

From what we've seen, I have to agree with Aaron that, from what we've seen as well, usually un-optimized apps are driving down page speed. For example, your Auto Currency Converter app alone takes more than 1 second to load.

You have 8 apps installed on your storefront and when one customer arrives on your store, these apps will be downloaded from 8 different servers from all around the globe. If one or two apps are poorly built, it's enough to drive down your entire store's page load speed.

Page speed is one of the main reasons for which we've built VITALS - a 30+ Shopify-apps-in-one app. We've put together anything from Currency Converter and Product Reviews to Product Bundles and Volume Discounts. Getting all you chosen apps with only one request greatly enhances the page speed, not to mention the cost reduction and the fact that all the apps work well with each other.

VITALS: 30+ Shopify apps-in-one
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 6

Sharon,

Shopify is considered one of the best ecommerce platforms, if not the best in terms of page speed. There are lots of independent studies pointing this out.

From what we've seen, I have to agree with the others that, from what we've seen as well, usually un-optimized apps are driving down page speed. For example, your Auto Currency Converter app alone takes more than 1 second to load.

You have 8 apps installed on your storefront and when one customer arrives on your store, these apps will be downloaded from 8 different servers from all around the globe. If one or two apps are poorly built, it's enough to drive down your entire store's page load speed.

Page speed is one of the main reasons for which we've built VITALS - a 30+ Shopify-apps-in-one app. We've put together anything from Currency Converter and Product Reviews to Product Bundles and Volume Discounts. Getting all you chosen apps with only one request greatly enhances the page speed, not to mention the cost reduction and the fact that all the apps work well with each other.

0 Likes