Product Posting Problemn

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am trying to add a product to my Shopify store I am getting a error message when I start to enter details: 

“Product couldn’t be retrieved. Try Again.” 

I got try again but it does the same thing. I hit discard changes and try to input it again and the message pops up again. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 41 97

Hello, @SPEBOUTIQUE!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties adding products to your store. Can you answer a few questions for me so I can dig into this for you? 

1. Do you see this error message when you add any product or is it only happening to a specific product?
  2. Are you adding products by using a mobile device and the Shopify App or are you adding products using a browser on a computer?
  3. If you're using a computer, can you tell me what browser you're currently using?
  4. Have you been able to add any products to your store at all?
  5. When did you first notice this issue happening?
  6. Can you let me know what your shop URL is? 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I'm also having this issue. 

I'm using an iPhone and it's doing this with everything I attempt to add. 

I have added items fine until today.

shopthebargainboutique.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

9E058B0D-EE65-4EC2-933A-FF8023AD1409.png

This is the error

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
568 41 97

Hey, @ebburtner!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! There are a few troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue. I'll list them all in point-form below:

• Since you're using your mobile device, you'll want to make sure that your Shopify App is completely up-to-date. You can do so by following, this guide
  • If you're using a browser on your phone, then you'll want to clear your cookies and cache for your browser first. Then, you'll want to reboot your browser and try again. 
  • Try using a desktop or laptop computer instead of your phone to add products
  • If you're still having issues on a desktop/laptop computer then you might want to try using a different browser or try out an incognito window, like so
  • When using incognito, if you are still experiencing a display issue, you can disable any browser extensions you might have
  • Make sure your browser is up-to-date
  • You can also try a different internet connection - like your cellular network or a different internet network completely
  • Ensure that you're not using any firewalls or pop-up blockers that could prevent Shopify windows from showing up

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I am using the most recent updated version of Shopify. I can only use my phone to upload. Obviously this is not just an issue with me as I am not the original poster of this issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

It must be a problem with the app because I tried using Safari and so far it’s working. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am getting the same error and I too use my phone to upload products. Sounds like a Shopify issue. Please let me know when this will be corrected. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Same issue here too.  Started very early Thursday morning.  Added a few items fine.  Then this.  I’m on iPhone XR.  Cheryls-jewelry-boutique.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am dealing with the same issue. I press try again and it lets me type one letter, then pops up again. It still let’s be add products but it’s definitely frustrating and annoying to keep popping up 

C3D4120C-2DEC-478A-BCC6-EEC4898D8D73.png

0 Likes