Product Quantity Resetting To Zero

Highlighted
2 0 0

This morning all of my products were suddenly saying they were sold out on the front end. I logged into the account, and quantities on 70-80% of my products had all reverted to zero. I have attempted to update my product quantity for affected products multiple times. Each time, the quantities update, but a few minutes later, when I check again, they've all returned to zero and are showing as sold out on the front end.

Any idea what's going on here? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 85

Hi, @grandjurymusic.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

It sounds like you've done some troubleshooting on your store and I appreciate that. I'm happy to help. 

When you updated your product quantities, did you see the changes take place on the storefront? Or in the Shopify admin? 

It sounds like this started happening yesterday morning, was anything added (such as an app) or changed on your store settings, or were there any coding customizations made? 

Please reply to this thread and I can provide you with some guidance and resources after taking a further look.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Tira, thanks for the reply. 

When the product quantities were updated, the changes were reflected on the storefront for a few minutes. I'd refresh, they'd be fine. I'd check in an incognito browser, they'd be fine. I'd check back in the inventory, they'd be fine.

Then, without fail, when I'd check back again in a few minutes, they would all say Sold Out on the frontend, and the inventory numbers had inexplicably returned to 0. 

I added a new product yesterday, that's when I noticed the glitch. 

I also added a new product on Thursday, and had added a Digital Downloads app to allow us us to offer downloads to purchasers. But I didn't notice any issues after adding that product or the app, though I'll admit, I did my check of the storefront, and then went about my day. And considering what I've been experiencing - storefront looking ok, only to be all sold out when I return - there's a chance it started happening on Thursday but I didn't notice. 

If there's anything you can do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your time. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
536 31 85

Thanks for letting me know, @grandjurymusic.

I appreciate the troubleshooting that you've done. 

I did some digging and this could be from the Locations settings on your store. Locations allows you to sell and fulfill orders from multiple locations. 

How many locations do you have set up on your store? You can check this by logging into your Shopify admin, then clicking on "Settings > Locations". 

Once you see how many locations you have, click on the location you want orders to be fulfilled from, and make sure to check off the "Fulfill online orders from this location" checkbox.

This will make sure your store fulfills your items from this location. Next, you will need to assign the inventory of your products to a location. Head on over to "Products" and click on the product you wish to edit, then under the Inventory section, make sure the "Track inventory" checkbox is checked. Then click on "Edit locations" to check off the locations that need to have the product in stock. 

Check out our help docs for the steps:
Locations
Setting up your locations
Assign Inventory to Locations 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes