How to set up automated product review emails?

Dan14
Tourist
14 0 3

Hi guys,

I hope you have a good day! I am trying to set up a Product Review Email and I can not find any information online of how to link the "recently bought products by the customer" in my email. Basically, I need to find out how to send the customer to the product page as an automation.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Dan 

Regards, Dan Nistor | Instagram Expert
Replies 17 (17)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi Dan,

Nick here from Shopify. ?

Great question, your best bet here would probably be using an app. I did some digging and there are a couple of apps which you could look into for this:

It is also probably worth looking into the Product Review help document which Shopify has to give you a full scope of what can be done with them.

Hope this helps and gives you some direction on what to do next.

All the best,

Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Daisymaria
Excursionist
22 0 7

Hi Nick,

Also trying to do the same - just wondering if you ever managed to work it out without paying for an app?

Thank you!

sdoliver86
Visitor
2 0 6

Hello, 

I am hoping a shopify admin can help me with this. I would like to create an email automation that allows automatic emails to be sent to customers a few days after they have received products. I would like for this email to take them directly to the product page where they can leave a review for that specific product they purchased.  Does anyone know if the product review shopify app allows this or any other app. If so, where can I find instructions on how to automate this type of email?

Wiremo
4 0 0

Shopify review app does not have this option, you can't request review using that app.

Check the Wiremo app https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-app-by-wiremo

Wiremo does the job that you are looking for.

sdoliver86
Visitor
2 0 6

@Wiremo, thank you for your reply. I am looking to explore the free of charge options first, and if I can't find it that route, I'll explore alternative options. 

PatrickF1
Tourist
6 0 7

Hi! Did you happen to find any free of charge options that worked well for you?

Daisymaria
Excursionist
22 0 7
Hi!

I'm currently using the free version of Stamped.io and it's working really
well for us!
PatrickF1
Tourist
6 0 7

Thank you so much!

EddyChung
Shopify Partner
65 1 28

For anyone else reading this, I did some digging myself and found these 3 apps can send automatic review emails:

Stamped.io is definitely the best if you're just getting started because their free plan is pretty great as long as you have <50 orders/month. Loox lets you give discount codes in exchange for photo reviews.

I wrote a comparison of these apps here if you want to look into more. 

MindfulDrinking
Visitor
2 0 2

Any chance someone figured out how to use the Shopify product review and also send automated reviews emails? 

@sdoliver86 - what did you end up going with? 

Thanks

sugu
Tourist
9 0 5

Would also love to know !

Bosqueros
Visitor
2 0 0

I followed your advice Nick regarding the Product Review App. I don't see any option in the app to send-out requests to review products following purchase. Please elaborate. 

Vitalie_Wiremo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

We recommend using our app - Wiremo: Product Reviews Photos , for Shopify. Our app has a built in feature that will allow you to collect product reviews from your purchasing customers.

Check out how easy is to do it , access this video tutorial here.

You can even send review request to your past orders , these are fulfilled orders registered on your end prior to installing our app so you can get a grasp of all of your client base. 

neildt
Visitor
2 0 1

Does the Product Review app by Shopify send automated product review requests to the customer by email.

Isaac_Bowen
Shopify Partner
77 0 25

Mechanic does this well, and the scheduling/content is all easy to adjust:

https://usemechanic.com/task/ask-for-reviews-a-week-after-order-fulfillment

I made Locksmith and Mechanic. 🙂

tomzaragoza
Shopify Partner
17 1 7

You can do this with ReviewNudge!

It handles it for order fulfillment and delivery. Just set the number of days to wait to send, pick if you want to send it after order delivery or fulfillment and we'll take care of the rest 🙂

Wiremo
4 0 0

It's an old post but may help other people.

You should defenetly use a professional app if you want really to collect and manage review without too much pain.

Try Wiremo to collect quality product reviews https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-app-by-wiremo