Product Samples

Highlighted
1 0 0

We are building a site that sells skincare products. We sell regular size products and "sample" size products. Customers can buy any of these products directly. But to encourage more sales, we want the following features. Please advise how this can be achieved.

When a customer buys $75 or more worth of products, they should be eligible to get $10 worth of free samples(each sample is $3). So if they add $12 worth of samples they will be charged only $2 +$75(original order total) 

Please advise

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 119

Hello, @canon_retailer!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Great question! I have a few options in mind when it comes to offering this type of customer offer. 

Your first option would be to use the 'Discounts' section of your Shopify Admin to generate a 'Buy X Get Y' discount for your customers. This would allow you to set a rule for your products, when a customer buys x then they get y. If you're interested in this option, you can check out our step by step guide, here.

Another option would be to use an app. There are two different types of apps that I thought I would mention - to give you a couple of options. The first app I was thinking of would be an app that allows your customers to add a free gift upon adding a certain product to their cart. If you're interested in this option, be sure to check out; Free Gifts by Secomap, Gift Box, or Sales Motivator

You can also check out apps that create discounts for you, so that you're able to set up rules for when customers buy a certain product or a certain number of products. These apps would help you create discounts like the 'Buy X Get Y' option, BOGO or a product upsell discount. If you're interested in this option, you can check out; Discounted Upsells & BOGO, Quantity Breaks & Discounts, or Ultimate Special Offers.  

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes