Product description does not update correctly

scinider
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello 

Whenever I update the description of the product, it's saved and appears on the live site. But after a short while, it would revert back to the previous description and not the updated one. Please help thanks!

Replies 5 (5)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @scinider!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. That definitely doesn't seem right. Are you able to replicate this issue if you try using a different device? Furthermore, can you try the following troubleshooting steps with me:

• Try clearing cache/cookies of current browser
  • Try from a different, up-to-date, browser
  • Try from a different network connection

This will help us rule out any local errors and figure out what else might be going on. If the issue does persist after that, please share these details with us:

• What theme and version you are using
  • Any apps installed in your store 
  • Screenshots of any errors you notice

I'll be waiting for your reply until we can resolve this.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

danielC1982
Visitor
1 0 0

I have been experiencing exactly the same issue.  It's not Cache, it's not browser...I know this because the issue only seems to be happening with updates to the same product description, in other words i would carry out changes to 5 products, same changes across all of them and I have issues with the same one everytime, after a short while it reverts back to the previous description.  It's always the first product in my catalogue listing. Theme is Avenue if that's important but doubtful as this is a backend Shopify admin issue.  Anyone have any idea what I can do to resolve this? Thanks

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @danielC1982!

Thanks for joining our thread and community.

Since you have attempted the other troubleshooting steps, it's more than likely your product is connected to and controlled by a third-party app that is updating product information. Can you clarify which apps you have installed?

Warm regards,

Berry_9
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, the changes for the product descriptions I entered in my Shopify admin aren't reflecting on my live store?

The section that I want as the "Product" font is shown in a much smaller font on my live store. 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks for joining our thread, @Berry_9!

I'd be glad to help you further troubleshoot this. Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps I outlined in my initial reply as of yet? Please do so and share the results of that back with me here so I can better guide with next steps.

Furthermore if the issue does persist, please share back the answers to the follow-up questions in that response. 

You have described an issue with product descriptions not updating, but then also mention that your font is not as you'd like. For code changes, make sure to get the right support for your theme and for the product descriptions issue I can continue helping here to keep our topic organized.

Warm regards,