Product detail issues with facebook

Highlighted
1 0 1

I recently linked my Facebook's shop page to my shopify account to improve the shop's visibility.

There were no issues except for 2 products that are not eligible for Facebook shop, saying that, and i quote " It looks like you submitted an ad for a dating service through one of Facebook’s self-service advertising tools. Unfortunately, ads for dating sites and apps are only allowed from approved advertisers at this time."

The problem is that the products in question are just a Bookmark and a Pencil holder, so i don't see the connection between these 2 items and a dating service.

i link here the items 

http://www.cat-isfaction.com/collections/office-school/products/1-pc-pottering-cat-japanese-cartoon-...

http://www.cat-isfaction.com/collections/office-school/products/cute-cat-pen-holders-multifunctional...

How can i solve the problem?

Thanks for the support 

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 3

I don't guess you ever got an answer did you?

I'm having a similar issue where a product has been rejected. The reason it says: 

• Your product wasn’t approved by Facebook. Ads are not allowed to promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including toys, videos, publications, live shows or sexual enhancement products.

Which makes literally no sense as the product is a print of an old mill. LOL  I'm guessing it's some sort of automated system that's picking up on something that I'm missing in the description but I see no way to appeal or anything like that. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Getting the same issue on our Facebook Shop - had a bunch of a products rejected with the following message:

"It looks like you submitted an ad for a dating service through one of Facebook’s self-service advertising tools. Unfortunately, ads for dating sites and apps are only allowed from approved advertisers at this time."

cant find any trace of what links they are talking about

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did you find a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 3

It's been long enough ago now I don't remember exactly how but I eventually found a way to appeal the products that were excluded from my catalog. It was somewhere in the Facebook business account. I had to send them the catalog that was affected and the items. These were numbers generated on the Facebook side of things so it took some digging for me to answer their questions but they eventually corrected it. 

I wish I could remember exact details but I don't anymore and I would expect given current circumstances in the world it won't be a fast process to appeal. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I have the same problem too.Have you got the reason and solved it now?

0 Likes
1 0 1

Bingo! Problem solved. I went to my facebook store and searched the product that facebook is rejecting and clicked on it, then i clicked on the warning sign of rejection ''If you read our trade policies and believe that the item should be approved, please complete this form'', then i completed the form and told them that i couldn't see anything wrong, and that was it :) good luck!

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 2

Hi, thank you for your answer. I will try this since I have the issue.

Thanks a lot again :)

Gaby

gabeadz

0 Likes