Product filters and sorting

3 0 0

Hi, 

Is anyone able to help me with the product filters and sorting? I am using the Supply theme and trying to create filters without much success so far. 

I am trying to create 5-6 filters for my wine store (filter by country - Italy, Spain, etc, region, type of product - red, white, size of bottle, and possibly one or two additional categories). It is irrelevant whether the filters will be in a drop down list or as expanding cathegories on the side. I tried to do this with tags, though it does not seem to work well. For instance, all product tags (year) appear in the filter menu (including year, etc.), which creates a jammed filter. 

My second questions is about tags: Is it possible to use tags that appear only under the product name on the product page, while remaining hidden on the collection lists (for instance a tag for damaged label and another one for damaged cork)?

I would greatly appreciate any help or guidance on this as I have been struggling for couple of days without much progress. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Hello Brima,

Both questions would be a yes. We have made custom product filtering before using product tags.

It isn't the easiest to set up, but you can try to follow this guide here: 

https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/collections/filter-collections-with-product-tags

Alternatively, there are several apps that will allow you to do the product filtering.

We work on Shopify stores to improve, maintain, and build functionality across all store types.
- Reach Out To Us! | hello@storemedics.com
- Visit Our Site! | https://www.storemedics.com

If we helped, leave a Like / Accept Solution
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
266 51 55

Hello Brima,

Yes i can help you with tag filter's, you can check example here without any app. (password: guleria )
I already implement same on my client store, but here i just have example to show, please review and let me know, are you looking for similar.
Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your reply guleria, I will take a look. 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you, much appreciated. I will take a look at the guidelines.

0 Likes