Product not showing up in store when stock is zero

Vinoscoop
3 0 0

Hi There,

I've noticed when a set de stock of our wines at zero, it doesn't appear in the shop anymore.

Normally our costumers could see the round button with sold out.

Can anyone help me about this issue.

Kind regards

Giovanni

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

Hey, @Vinoscoop.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that your out-of-stock products are no longer appearing in the online store. Were there any changes to the theme's settings, theme's coding, or new apps installed recently?

Certain themes have an option to show or hide out-of-stock products in the Storefront editor. However, depending on the theme, this can be in various locations. You'll need to check the 'Collection pages', 'Collection lists', or 'Theme settings'.

Here's an example of what that function may look like:

19-34-e10ji-ljivk

With that being said, I'd be happy to take a closer look. Can you share an example/screenshot of this from your store? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Vinoscoop
3 0 0

Hi Elias,

Attached i send you two screenshots, one of the collection page where you can see one item has 0 stock.

Then you will see on the webpage that the article is not longer showing.

Normally you should see a round pictogram with sold out.

We didn’t change the theme settings.

Hope you can solve this problem.

Kind regards

GiovanniSchermafbeelding 2020-08-08 om 12.37.26.pngSchermafbeelding 2020-08-08 om 12.37.57.png

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

Hey, @Vinoscoop.

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. The ability to hide out-of-stock products is controlled by the theme and, since you haven't made any changes to the theme settings, it may be coded into your theme. That being said, which theme are you using?

If you're using a free Shopify theme, this may be something that our Theme Support team can help with. However, if you're using a third-party or custom theme, it is recommended that you reach out to the theme developer for assistance with coding.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Vinoscoop
3 0 0

Hi Elias,

Attached a screenshot of the theme we are using.

Kind regards

GiovanniSchermafbeelding 2020-09-04 om 12.40.46.png

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
855 81 113

Hey, @Vinoscoop.

Thanks for confirming your theme. Masonry is a third-party theme, made by Clean Canvas, and there seems to be some coding that's hiding out-of-stock products on this particular page. As our Theme Support isn't able to help with third-party coding, I'd recommend reaching out to the theme developer for support with their coding. With that said, you can submit a support request with Clean Canvas here

Alternately, if the theme developer isn't able to assist you with this, you can also consider hiring a developer to assist with third-party coding. Shopify Experts are experienced in working with third-party themes and they'll be able to help with modifying your theme. 

Feel free to keep me posted!

0 Likes
mdtial8890
1 0 0

so, What's not the third party theme? Can you show us or give the name? 
it happend to mine too. 
it's so frustrating.

thank you

0 Likes