Product page - Advanced Image Uploads, Move Description

Tourist
7 0 2

Hello,

I have realized that there are some issues on my product page that may be costing me conversions. I cant come up with a good way to resolve them. My store is www.thecompcardshop.com

Here are the issues, I would appreciate any feedback. 

1. I'm using Venture theme. I've moved the product description below the product image on the desktop version of my site, which puts the order form to the right that. Now on mobile, the order form comes below the product description. Part of the problem with my products, is that the descriprions are very long, which requires the user to have to do a lot of scrolling to see the order form. I would like to move that to the top of the page, or at least below the product image. 

2. Image uploads. I require the user to send me a number of photos. I need the photos sent a certain way, so that I know which photo goes where on the finihsed product. So, I have 5-6 separate image uploads. Which I beleive may be turning users off. Is there not a solution available, say an Ajax form, that will allow users to drag and drop mutliple images at once and then label those images right on the form? I have seen this on many printing companies websites (albeit not shopify stores). I just don't know if it is possible to do with Shopify. If you have any other suggestions that will make it easier for customers to send me images, I'm open to that. I just don't want them to have to jump through any hoops that may make the sale more difficult. 

Any help and feedback on my store will be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you.

Nate

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 25

Hi, Nate!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out.

I've had a look over your site and I can see your reasoning behind why you believe the product page may be leading to some missed conversions. Out of curiosity, have you recently been receiving a lot of abandoned carts? This would be a good indicator if it's the ordering process that's causing conversion issues.

Now to address your questions. You mention that you had some work done to your theme to move the product description below the product image. If you used a designer for this, it is possible to make changes just to the mobile version of the product template. The same thing would go for the upload forms. If this needed to be re-worked, it would require some custom code changes. If you're not in contact with your previous developer/designer, you can reach out to a Shopify Expert for help with the changes. I wish I could be of more help with the specific code changes required, but it does fall a bit outside my scope of knowledge! For reference, we have a guide on how to use the Shopify Ajax API, as well as how to work with different theme templates.

Cheers!

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
73 2 7

Hi @Nathan_Bartlett ,

how did you code the image upload into your product page in the venture theme?

Thank you in advance.

Best wishes

Ilja

0 Likes