Product pages loading speed

4 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Looking on Hotjar, I'm seeing that some of my customers the product page loading speed is more than 10 sec. I did a page speed and this are the results. Do you have any recommendations what can i do? Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 15.24.30.pngScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 15.24.36.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 5 8

Hi, @danifeld

Brie here from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out in the community about this! There are many reasons that your site may not be loading quickly. These include a large number of app scripts running on a page, high image sizes, and more. With that being said, I took a look at your site and seem to receive fairly quick load times on most of your product pages, with the exception of the customizable products; have you found this to be the case on all of your product pages, or just the specific one you shared below?

Have you used an app to set up the variants on those product pages? It's likely that this is what is causing the slow down there. If you'd like to provide a little more information about which products are experiencing the slow down and what apps you are currently using on those pages, I'd be happy to continue looking into this for you. You can also check out this blog post that our Plus team wrote, which has some additional tips for improving your site speed. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Brie | Shopify Support

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Brie, 

Thank you for the fast reply and taking the time to look into this. 

The problem with a slow loading speed, I see it on the car mat product pages, which is all about variations. For e.g. : 

my.trapo.asia/products/honda-city-gm6-e-v-hybrid-spec-2017-present-trapo-classic

my.trapo.asia/products/perodua-myvi-2017-present-trapo-classic

my.trapo.asia/products/honda-civic-fc-2016-present-trapo-classic

I'm not saying that is necessarily this product pages, but all of the car mats product pages are following the same flow. 

Based on what I understand, we are only using script editor for the product detail page.

Looking forward to your answer!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem and managed to get to a perfect score on https://analyze.speedboostr.com after some work. (don't rely on googles score, there are many articles why you shouldn't).

Main thing was picture crushing, I used on of the best rated pic crusher apps, it really worked wonders. Other than that DELETE every app that is not CRUCIAL to your shop! Really do it, this will make a big difference. Ideal would be NO app at all but we all need this and that.

Good luck

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hey. 

I'm having a score of 0 on that tool :))) . Something is funky about that one.  

@lieroho wrote:

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem and managed to get to a perfect score on https://analyze.speedboostr.com after some work. (don't rely on googles score, there are many articles why you shouldn't).

Main thing was picture crushing, I used on of the best rated pic crusher apps, it really worked wonders. Other than that DELETE every app that is not CRUCIAL to your shop! Really do it, this will make a big difference. Ideal would be NO app at all but we all need this and that.

Good luck

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

your homepage (most important as you want to decrease the bounce rate there first) is an F https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fh72k1r7p9

Images one big problem. Try crush.pics, was great for me!

Then I can see quite a few apps on your site already, livechat, social proof etc. We stripped them WAY back to the essentials. Try it, will make a difference, do people really use the chat?

0 Likes