Product pages loading speed

Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Looking on Hotjar, I'm seeing that some of my customers the product page loading speed is more than 10 sec. I did a page speed and this are the results. Do you have any recommendations what can i do? Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-10-23 at 15.24.30.pngScreenshot 2019-10-23 at 15.24.36.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
256 18 41

Hi, @danifeld

Brie here from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out in the community about this! There are many reasons that your site may not be loading quickly. These include a large number of app scripts running on a page, high image sizes, and more. With that being said, I took a look at your site and seem to receive fairly quick load times on most of your product pages, with the exception of the customizable products; have you found this to be the case on all of your product pages, or just the specific one you shared below?

Have you used an app to set up the variants on those product pages? It's likely that this is what is causing the slow down there. If you'd like to provide a little more information about which products are experiencing the slow down and what apps you are currently using on those pages, I'd be happy to continue looking into this for you. You can also check out this blog post that our Plus team wrote, which has some additional tips for improving your site speed. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Brie | Shopify Support

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hi Brie, 

Thank you for the fast reply and taking the time to look into this. 

The problem with a slow loading speed, I see it on the car mat product pages, which is all about variations. For e.g. : 

my.trapo.asia/products/honda-city-gm6-e-v-hybrid-spec-2017-present-trapo-classic

my.trapo.asia/products/perodua-myvi-2017-present-trapo-classic

my.trapo.asia/products/honda-civic-fc-2016-present-trapo-classic

I'm not saying that is necessarily this product pages, but all of the car mats product pages are following the same flow. 

Based on what I understand, we are only using script editor for the product detail page.

Looking forward to your answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem and managed to get to a perfect score on https://analyze.speedboostr.com after some work. (don't rely on googles score, there are many articles why you shouldn't).

Main thing was picture crushing, I used on of the best rated pic crusher apps, it really worked wonders. Other than that DELETE every app that is not CRUCIAL to your shop! Really do it, this will make a big difference. Ideal would be NO app at all but we all need this and that.

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey. 

I'm having a score of 0 on that tool :))) . Something is funky about that one.  

@lieroho wrote:

Hi!

I had exactly the same problem and managed to get to a perfect score on https://analyze.speedboostr.com after some work. (don't rely on googles score, there are many articles why you shouldn't).

Main thing was picture crushing, I used on of the best rated pic crusher apps, it really worked wonders. Other than that DELETE every app that is not CRUCIAL to your shop! Really do it, this will make a big difference. Ideal would be NO app at all but we all need this and that.

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

your homepage (most important as you want to decrease the bounce rate there first) is an F https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fh72k1r7p9

Images one big problem. Try crush.pics, was great for me!

Then I can see quite a few apps on your site already, livechat, social proof etc. We stripped them WAY back to the essentials. Try it, will make a difference, do people really use the chat?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 1 0

Hello, @danifeld 
I checked your store issue. the listed issue is your store

- Serve resources from a consistent URL

- Serve scaled images

- Defer parsing of JavaScript

- Avoid bad requests

- Optimize the order of styles and scripts

Also, your score is 0 in Gtmetrix.
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/my.trapo.asia/IpSzMiwx

We can optimize and speed up your store.
Please check-in details: https://shopifylab.com/

Contact us: https://web.whatsapp.com/send?phone=917201002739&text=Hello

Thanks,
ShopifyLab

We Can Make Your Shopify Store Speed Up & Optimize
We can analyze & optimize your Shopify store to make it lighter, faster, and more SEO friendly.
BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES A SLOW SITE.
https://shopifylab.com/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 2

Hi,

This really is a bad score, I can imagine how much high bounce rate are you facing. Go through each of these steps to see does it help to make your score higher and aim for at least 80/100.

1. Performance Problem Analysis

Page Speed Insights tool reveals the critical elements for mobile and desktop separately like:

• Optimize images
  • Minify CSS
  • Minify JavaScript
  • Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
  • Leverage browser caching and Reduce server response time
  • Avoid landing page redirects
  • Gzip compression

Check for each of the sections does it need optimization and which one is causing the biggest slowdown. Try GtMetrix and Pingdom for report too and follow recommendations there. Some of them need developers help, but most you can do yourself.

1. Add AMP for mobile searches

More than 50% of shoppers buy from mobile devices, so it is important to make sure your website is mobile-ready and load quickly. Hence, with AMP  technology user can access your website quickly on mobile devices. In Shopify, you can easily generate AMP pages for your site quickly and efficiently with AMP by AmpifyMe app and improve your page loading time on mobile. It's good because it offers most of the Shopify themes as AMP so the look of the new pages remains the same. Otherwise, consider creating the Shopify API to develop these AMP pages.

1. Compressing Images

Shopify allows you to add the following image formats, JPEG or JPG, PNG and GIF. Image compression is important and a necessity for faster loading web pages.

TinyPNG.PNG

While doing image optimization, make sure your images are an acceptable size and do not add too many images on a single page. Also, avoid GIFs and replace PNG with JPG format. While performing image compression, you have to keep in mind the quality of the image but not necessary on every page. Once you replace all the images with the optimized versions, the page load time automatically improves. Try to do these on your own, and don't use apps as they will add unnecessary code to your shop. 

1. Download a Fast and Responsive Theme

Look for a fast and responsive theme. Run theme preview page through Google PageSpeed Insight and see the suggestions to make that page faster.

Once you have chosen a theme, remember to keep it up to date.

1. Reduce the Number of Apps Installed

The majority of apps downloaded via the Shopify add some JavaScript/CSS files to your store. The main problem is, if you are not using the app, the JavaScript/CSS files are running in the background, and make your site performance slower. So, that is why you should go through your store and check any apps that you are not using and remove them. There might be some apps you just tried out and forget to delete.

1. Reduce the HTTP Requests

You can reduce HTTP requests by doing the following:

• Combine & inline your CSS scripts.
  • Inline smaller JavaScript’s.
  • Combine all JavaScript.
  • Minimize the use of design & functional images.
  • CSS image sprites.
  • Convert images to Base64 code.
  • Limit the number of social buttons.

1. Minimize Redirects and Broken Links

Avoid unnecessary Redirects and fix broken links. Unnecessary redirects create performance and speed issues, and this can could affect the overall load time of the website. In Shopify, you can apply 301 redirects by the built-in redirects function called “URL redirect.” Broken links on your website can be harmful which can increase your unnecessary HTTP requests and make bad user experience. There are different tools to find and replace broken links.

1. Organize All Your Tracking Code with Google Tag Manager

Typically, you add separate tracking codes for Google Analytics, AdWords conversions, goals, and remarketing tags, etc., on your own end or you send it to the developer; this process will take time and eventually slow down the overall site performance. With the help of Google Tag Manager all, your tags are stored in one place. And the speed gets higher.Google Tag Manager.png

0 Likes