Why am I seeing non-existent product types on Shopify?

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi, I have a problem with product type, I see product type that doesn't exist and this is a problem because I use a widget with product type. there is caos.

Can you help me please?

Replies 14 (14)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I'm happy to help out with the troubles you're having with product types

Can you please tell me a bit more about what you mean when you say you can see a product type that doesn't exist? Is this showing up on one of your products, or somewhere else?

I'd also love to hear some more information about the widget you're using, and how this works. Is it an app downloaded from the Shopify App Store?

In the meantime though, if you'd like to remove a product type that's appearing on some of your products, you can do so by using the bulk editor. To get started with this, just follow these steps: 

1. Log in to your Shopify admin 
  2. Click on 'Products' in the lefthand sidebar 
  3. Click the checkbox at the top of your product list 
  4. If you have more than 50 products, click the blue text that says 'Select all 50+ products in your store' as mentioned here 
  5. Click 'Edit products' at the top of your product list 
  6. This will open up the bulk editor, and at the top of the page click 'Add fields' 
  7. Under 'General' click 'Product type' to add this column to the bulk editor
  8. You can now go through your entire list of products to add and remove product types as necessary 

Please let me know if this helps resolve the troubles you're having. However, if you're still seeing a product type that doesn't exist on your store, please let me know exactly where this is appearing so that I can continue helping out with this. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi, I tried more than one template, buy the problem Is the same, i created 15 product type for about 100 products, buy, the widget show me 34 product types that I don't know.you can are that in the following link https://4pawsmart.com/collections/cani 

The widget use this code to list product types

{% for product_type in shop.types %} {{ product_type | link_to_type }} {% endfor %}

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

Thanks for following up with me. 

Can you please confirm where you downloaded this widget from? 

If you downloaded it from the Shopify App Store, it's likely a third-party app developed by a team who is external to Shopify. With that in mind, I recommend reaching out to the app developers directly for more information on why this is happening. You can contact these developers by following these steps

However, if you downloaded this widget from another website, or from a different developer, I suggest contacting that developer via the original website you downloaded the widget from for more assistance with this. 

Please keep me posted on how this goes! 

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi, thanks for your support but I tried this template right now to verify ("Expanse", downloaded from shopify store) and the problem is the same, under category there are a lot oof elements tha don't exist in my site, This image expalne what I see, Th eproble is in shopify in producti pypes

Category.png

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi I create other shopify account and a update my theme, in this new account it's all ok, so the problem is in my shopify official account.

In the attachment the new profile with my theme

I need that shopify to solve this big problem

New test profile.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

I appreciate these extra details and screenshots. 

In order to help look into this further though, I do need to know where you originally downloaded this widget from. Can you please confirm if you downloaded it from the Shopify App Store, or if you used third-party coding to add this feature to your theme?

I'll need this information to help determine the best way to continue troubleshooting this effectively. 

Thanks, 

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

I use a template of templatemonster company

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

Thanks for confirming. 

Is the widget you're using built directly into this theme template? If so, I recommend contacting TemplateMonster via their website for more help with this. 

However, if this widget isn't built into your theme, or if it was installed from another site, please let me know. 

Best, 

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi my theme use this code to list product typesCode.PNG

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

Since you're using a third-party theme that isn't developed by Shopify, it's best that you contact your theme developers directly for any code-related questions. Did you have a chance to reach out to TemplateMonster using the information I shared in my previous reply?

I also recommend posting this question in our Shopify Design forum, as many Experts and Partners spend time there answering coding and development questions related to third-party themes. 

Best of luck with this!  

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi @Rae I use shop.types object to lists the product types, shop object Is yours, can you explane me where this object writes the product type? Because these elements aren' t in the theme buy in shopify system

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

You can learn more about shop.types in this developer document

However, if you have further questions about this, please post these on our Shopify Design forum, as this forum is for any question related to liquid and third-party themes. Other Shopify Experts and Partners should be able to help you out over on that forum. 

Cheers, 

Diego74
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi @Rae @ I used that code and the product types are wrong, It showes me also orphan product types

Can you help me?

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Diego74

As mentioned previously, please go ahead and post this question in our Shopify Design forums. That forum is the best place to get help with liquid questions. 

Thanks,