Product type shows as N/A in reports

Chadlandl
Visitor
1 0 3

Hey everyone,

I updated products in store to have a specific Product Type.

But when I pull up sales reports, it shows some orders with product type as N/A, while some have the product type I listed it for. 

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Replies 8 (8)

ycastro
Visitor
1 0 0

Did you ever get an answer? I'm having the same problem.

CatalysisGroup
Visitor
2 0 1

In our experience this usually aligns with Shipping fees collected. If you add the shipping filter to your columns you'll see the values line up. 

alissh
Visitor
2 0 0

I wish someone would help out with this! I am experiencing the same thing and it's throwing off my reports. I have looked this up several times and no one seems to know how to fix this...

andrew1232
Tourist
3 0 1

Has this been resolved? I am running into the same issue. 

andrew1232
Tourist
3 0 1

Solved: 

Shopify product types aren't applied retroactively to products, so when you add the product type any products sold from that date forward will have the type attached for reporting. Any products before that date will not have product type attached to their sales. 

Hannah_Mahon
Excursionist
16 0 3

My products have remained the same for years and I have started to get this N/A by products and it zeroing the sales in the sales report.  Why would this be?

andrew1232
Tourist
3 0 1

If you changed product type or category (not product title) then this may be the cause. Without being able to look at your store in totality this would be hard for me to identify the root cause. 

Can you try filtering the report using product, sku, or variant titles and examine sales from there? This may solve the zeroing of sales and N/A  issue. 

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @Chadlandl,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team. I would recommend our app Better Reports for this! 

The reason why some products are showing N/A product type in your historical sales reports is that Shopify does not retroactively update the product type in their repors if the data was entered after a sale occurred. 

All reports in Better Reports determine product type based on the current product type. This will allow you to accurately determine your sales by product type for historical sales. We have built-in reports showing Sales by product type and Monthly sales by product type.

In addition to custom reporting capabilities, Better Reports offers more than 80 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to direct you to these reports.