Product variant does not show up at checkout page

madelineyee
Visitor
3 0 0

Problem: Selected product variants from checkbox appears upon adding it to cart

.madelineyee_0-1595479205927.png

However after proceeding, the variants does not show up in the checkout page.

madelineyee_1-1595479443405.png

The only difference to the checkbox variants is that it is stored and printed as an array. Is this causing the problem? or does it have something to do with the theme?

Weird thing is that the variant appears on the product description at my third party website used to compile orders submitted.

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

If you are using metafields to display additional product data then the checkout will not display that information. ShopifyPlus merchants can customize checkout.liquid 

You will need to either use cart attributes or Line Item Properties.

If you are using Line Item Properties(LIP's) ,or cart attributes , to get customers to add customization information to products may show on the cart page and the checkout.

If LIP's are prepended with an underscore( _ )  they will not show in checkout.

If cart attributes are prepended with double underscores ( __ ) they are private and will not render in liquid

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

madelineyee
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank for the reply!

I am using Line Item Properties. The variants print out fine when they are not stored in an array. 

Eg. dropdown selection only stores one variant and it gets printed in the cart and checkout page properly. 

For my checkbox function, I'm storing them in an array because they contain multiple variants. I've edited the cart.liquid to print the array but as my page is not shopify plus, I'm unable to edit the cart.liquid to do the same. Is there an alternative?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@madelineyee wrote:

I'm storing them in an array 

That is possibly irrelevant what matters is what is actually being submitted to the cart.

Use chromes developers tools network tab to inspect the request and verify it's correct. 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org