Product variants inventory tracking

Highlighted
Tourist
37 0 1

Hello all,

I need some help. I am selling parts to build drones and I am having trouble with inventory tracking. Here's what im trying to do:

Add a 'build your own kit' - no problem

Includes(varients):

• Frame (3 different options)
  • Motor (2 different options)
  • Speed controller (2 different options)

What I need is to have the variants that I add to the kit be tracked by actual inventory levels. Such as, if there are only 10 motors in stock, if they sell individually, it will reflect on the variant quantity.

Is this possible? I dont want to have someone order a kit with only 3 of the 4 motors in stock

Thanks in advance,

Robert

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
145 0 18

Hello Robert!

When you have a product with multiple variants/options, inventory is normally kept separate for each variant. However, there is an app called SimpleSync (https://apps.shopify.com/simplesync) which lets you keep inventory in sync across variants. This would be a way to automatically manage inventory for your kits and individual products.

In order for this app to work, you would need to assign the same SKU to each of the variants or products that you want to synchronise inventory on. Then, whenever one of those items is ordered, the inventory level for all of them will be reduced.

Hope this helps! Cheers,

Jordan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello can someone give an updated solution? please

0 Likes