Solved

Product with personalized information

Debo
Tourist
7 0 0
I have several products-pet ID tags- that need a field where the customer can add the personalized information they want.
Accepted Solution (1)
Dani
Shopify Staff (Retired)
223 43 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Debo,

Thanks for following up! Did you have a chance to review the Getting Started with Infinite Options app that the developers have provided?

It sounds like you took advantage of their Expert Install Service, but you'll still need to create the options for your products. The app developers have created a guide that includes a video tutorial here. Once your options are created you should see the fields within your desired product pages.

All the best,

Dani

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Dani
Shopify Staff (Retired)
223 43 110

Hi @Debo,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Aw, I'd love to see your pet ID tags! I have two dogs myself so I may need to purchase new ID tags for them.

We have a few different options that our Community Manager, Ty, has outlined in this post. You can do this through a product customization app, editing your theme code, or creating a new template for products that require customization.

I took a look at the app store for the best option for you. I found Infinite Options and I think it would work perfectly for what you're looking to do. It does have a 14-day free trial, once the trial is completed the cost of the app is $5.99/month.

If you're comfortable with coding, then editing your theme code or creating a new template following the instructions in Ty's post above will allow you to set this up for free.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Debo
Tourist
7 0 0
Hello! Thanks for your response. I did install the infinite options app. I paid $20 for them to attach it to my page. Nothing has changed so I am still confused how to add a place for personalized information for my pet ID tags. Can I send u my website address and u take a look?
Thank!!!
Dani
Shopify Staff (Retired)
223 43 110

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Debo,

Thanks for following up! Did you have a chance to review the Getting Started with Infinite Options app that the developers have provided?

It sounds like you took advantage of their Expert Install Service, but you'll still need to create the options for your products. The app developers have created a guide that includes a video tutorial here. Once your options are created you should see the fields within your desired product pages.

All the best,

Dani

MarCologne
Excursionist
20 0 4

Hey guys,

i have a few personalized products in my new shop. These are personalized posters in which the customer must deposit his wish names.

So I need a free text field in the product area, where he can enter these names. In the best case, this field should be limited to 22 letters. I have marked you where this field should be inserted. Can you help me? Thank you very much.

MarCologne_0-1615038655878.png

Shop: www.hometowndesign.de

pw: 1testzugang!

Williampat369
Explorer
112 2 5

Hi Debo,

These apps can help you to customize your products and offer a more personalized experience for your customers.

Smart Product Options:

Unlimited Product Options and Creates an unlimited custom product fields including text, numbers, swatches, checkboxes, dropdown menus, file uploads and more to whole collections and products as well.

Easy to set up, Flexible Conditional Logic, Add-On Pricing, Group Fields into Option Groups and reuse them, Price Add-On's, Field Types and Support Team

banned