Product with two sets of 3 variant options - Has anyone done this?

HestiaHarlow
2 0 1

Hi there

looking for advice on setting up a food box product  with two sets of variant options for each diner. The example would be:

GUEST 1 - Variant Options:

First Course - A, B or C

Main Course - A, B, or C

Dessert - A, B, or C

GUEST 2 - Variant Options:

First Course - A, B or C

Main Course - A, B, or C

Dessert - A, B, or C

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
474 68 113

Hi, @HestiaHarlow!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. At the moment, the best way to achieve variants with more than one set is to use an app from the Shopify App Store. The app that first comes to mind is Infinite Options as it is one of the most popular apps in the store and one that I use frequently myself. I've listed some of the benefits of Infinite Options below.

• Create an unlimited amount of custom product fields including text, numbers, calendars, checkboxes, and dropdown menus
  • Let shoppers use personalize products for engraving, monograming, custom printing and beyond
  • Increase your store's average order size by using our product bundle feature. Want to charge $5 for something like giftwrap? Now you can!

One great part of Infinite Options is the developer has a great set of guides to help you add the app and customise it to your liking. You can find their guides here.

I've done a rough mock-up of what this could look like with Infinite Options. Keep in mind, this is a very rough idea of how you can do this and it is completely customisable.

In the image above, you'll notice that you now have dropdown options for each guest and meal. There are, of course, other ways you can do this, so have a play around with it and find the perfect layout for you.

If this app doesn't seem like the right fit, there are many more to choose from. If you search the App Store for apps based on variants, you'll be able to look through the list and find the right one for you.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
HestiaHarlow
2 0 1

Thanks Miles, great solution and will check it out.