Products Showing as Sold Out

13 0 0

I currently use Oberlo to upload products from Aliexpress to my store.  Occasionally I will upload a product that is showing in Aliexpress to have many items still available but when it hits my store it is showing as sold out.  Is this a glitch or is there some other issue?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care team.

Two be honest, there are two possible options that this could be.

The first is a cache issue. Have you tried clearing your browser cache? This link gives the instructions for how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you do that and then add another item and let me know how it works? If it is still not working could you try adding an item from AliExpress in a completely different browser? That way if I need to send it up to my tech team we will have done some troubleshooting ahead of time.

The other option is that you could have an app in place that is adjusting the inventory values. If you could take a screenshot of all of the apps that you have and send it over to me?

With those bits of information we should be able to narrow down closer to the actual issue to see what might be causing the inventory malfunction.

I look forward to hearing your response!

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0
Yes I’m guessing it’s the same thing that has happened to me. I launched my online store and all my products said they were sold out.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
274 22 37

Check your location settings.  It might be trying to pull inventory from the wrong location, and thus shows there are none when there is :)

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Excursionist
24 1 4

Same here. using Appfreaker to pull from AliExpress but once in my store it says Sold Out even though AliExpress shows plenty of inventory. Any other settings  to check?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

If you're noticing issues with your account after you added that app it might be worth reaching out to the app developers to see what they say or to see if they have any fixes for this. 

If they don't have an answer then it might be worth deleting the app. 

I hope that helps, 

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 1 4
Thanks Dallas. They said the same thing - contact shopify. Its ok I am now using Oberlo but git a different strange result where a product I added through Oberlo did not ship to the US. There was mo way to tell other than when I went directly to AliExpress and saw the notice on the product page. That could cause some worry.

I am totally new at this and it took me a year or more to venture into drop shipping even though I had the website and Shopify setup so please be patient.

John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

When you go onto the product page in Oberlo do you see an indication of where the item will/will not ship to? If you go into the Oberlo app and click on the product page you will see something that looks like this if it is unavailable to ship in the country: 

27-51-06wge-yw65h

Or it will look something like this if it is available to ship in the country:

27-53-ku59b-hoz7b

In order to ensure that all the products you are seeing are available to ship to your desired country (in this case the United States of America), you can actually select a country code at the top of the product searching page. 

27-56-yomyz-5t146

Does that help to answer your question? 

0 Likes
Excursionist
24 1 4

Sort of Dallas but I thought I set the code to the US and did not see the indication. Maybe I was just not aware and will double check, so thanks for this answer.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

You're very welcome! If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to let me know. 

1 Like