Products not automatically getting added to my unlisted sales channel

5 0 0

My company just launched an unlisted sales channel app and we were recently approved by Shopify . After my sales channel was approved i noticed a problem that was not happening in the draft version. of the app prior to approval.

Problem: When a merchant has enabled their products for their online store and then installs and connects my sales channel,  their products are not automatically available to my sales channel. In the products admin console they see "Unavailable on ChannelName" for every product. These merchants have to manually select products and make them available to our channel (some of them have 100's of products and this is tedious and poor customer experience). 

Whereas in the dev version of our app i noticed that products are automatically available as long as they are enabled for the online store. I looked at other sales channels -FB/Pinterest/Google and noticed that products are automatically available as long as they are enabled for the online store.

Question - What am i doing wrong? Why are products not becoming available automatically? Is this something to do with being an "unlisted" app?

0 Likes