Products not being added to store?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

My first post so be gentle with me

I have tried to add products to my store but they are not showing? 

Any ideas?

TIA

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
420 43 47

Hello Pgreen, 

How you are trying to add the products, are you using any manual method to do it or any using any app. 

What issue you are facing while adding the products. Kindly share a brief idea so that i can assist you. 

Want to modify or develop new app, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: support@zestard.com
Shopify Apps URL :- https://apps.shopify.com/partners/zestard-technologies
Custom Modifications Into Shopify Theme | Shopify Private App | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

Hi, @pgreen1011,

Hank here from Shopify!

Great question, when you join the platform it can be confusing at first. But don't worry, we will help you get there and get your store ready for launch.

Are you seeing any error messages within the admin when you are adding the products? Adding products to your store is the backbone of your store's success. That guide shows you the process, but I will also share the video below for ease.

Another possible issue is the visibility of the products on your chosen sales channels. Once you have them available on your online store, you may need to add it to your menu navigation (Online Store > Navigation) so that customers can see this.

There are other ways to showcase your products such as editing your theme (Online store > Themes > Customize) also. This way you can change the makeup of your website, and add your own personal touch.

As you are just starting off, I will also share this guide as it really helps when you first join Shopify in understanding the platform.

But as I mentioned I am here to help with any queries, and we also have 24/7 support via our live channels also who can assist you!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

thank you for your reply.

I am trying to add products manually via admin pages as I previously done successfully.

the process seems to go normally, adding details and then saving. I received no error messages. 
but when I return to the store page the products have not appeared? 

I search the product in admin page and still no appearance? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
815 95 136

And once your products are added, are they being added to the relevant collection or menu that you are looking for them to appear on your website?

Also once you save the product, is the product showing up in your admin? If you want to see if the product is saved, you can locate this via your address bar by typing in the word activity after the word admin, so your store URL should read your-store.myshopify.com/admin/activity and you will see every action that has occurred in your store.

If you are seeing the product is showing here, then you know the issue is limited to the suggestions I mentioned earlier. But if the product is not saving, that is a different issue. So then within the activity screen, if you do not see the product being added, can you try opening your admin using incognito mode to see if it works this way? If it does, then can you try clearing your cache?

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes