Products showing blank header image on collections, not all products showing in sale section.

franklovesdoll
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hi guys,

Been running our store successfully for about 6 months but i have just released a big error / issue with our store and would HUGELY appreciate any help we can get as we would have definietly lost sales because of this & Im not sure how long its been like it for.

Please see our store

https://Frankanddoll.com

When you click on Dresses for example the first 9-10 products show up fine which are our most recent products. However, as you go down the page you can see some titles of products/reviews of products but its predominately blank, but filled out enough so you see something should exist there. If you guess where to link you can get through to the product pages so I think the issue might be with the header images, but all the products are uploaded exactly the same as each other so no idea whats gone wrong.

I've also noticed our sale section is the same & doesnt show all the products which is the sale category!

Any help / advice / insight would be hugely appreciated!!

Many thanks

Ben

Replies 4 (4)

franklovesdoll
Excursionist
16 0 4

Heres the issues I'm seeing guys!

Heres the issues guysHeres the issues guysheres the issues guys!heres the issues guys!

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

I see it too, I have 2 ideas on potential problems:

1) There's a console error:

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 6.15.10 PM.jpg

Console errors like that related to JavaScript can cause breaks in functionality. I would start by investigating and trying to fix that. If you're not familiar working with the console, this guide will help: https://speedboostr.com/finding-and-fixing-server-errors.

2) The code to load images is pretty messy, lots of html just to show an image:

image html.jpg

It's kind of hard to debug that from the outside, but you could start by clicking on each element and see what CSS styles are applied, that may give clues to why the images aren't showing. If you're not familiar with checking code from the browser, this guide will help: https://speedboostr.com/how-to-safely-edit-your-shopify-theme.

3) You can publish the previous theme (where the images were working)... assuming your live theme only has the most recent changes you made, then you can just apply those to the theme that worked before. If that's not possible, I would compare a theme where it works vs your live theme, compare the code in collection template and the product grid snippet, to see if you can find what's wrong.

If you'd prefer to hire this out, feel free to reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact. We work on Shopify sites every day and can fix this for you.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks
franklovesdoll
Excursionist
16 0 4

Hi, Thanks very much for this. Yes Id like to hire this out please. How much would this likely to be and how quickly do you think you could resolve? Im also thinking the site speed is poor so if theres so messy code in there Id be interested in clearing that up also. I've had previous developers soley work on site speed before but it broke app links etc so im not too keen to go down that route, more just to get the code effiency good & fix this problem as you mention! THanks so much!, Ben

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2222 202 592

Hey Ben, sounds good. You can reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact with your email address and they can get you fixed up (or just PM me with it and I'll get you going). One of our developers will take a look and provide a quote for you. This looks like a small job so I'd estimate within a day or 2 they can handle this.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks