Products sometimes not loading on collections page

Solved
9 0 0

Hello - I've run into a particular bug multiple times now, and I'm not sure what's causing it, so I thought I'd ask the community for help. 

I've got a Collection called Sparkling Waters, it's got 6 products that should display on the page in the screenshot below, but every once in a while, Collection page simply shows no products. 

bug1.jpg

If I click on the Collections link (in the screenshot above, so basically backtrack along the breadcrumb), then click into the Sparkling Water collection again, all the proper products re-appear. 

bug2.jpg

The products are properly assigned to the collection in the admin, and inventory is available.

Does anyone know what's happening and how to solve? Thank you! -Ian

bug3.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
8 3 1

Hey @drinkrhythm ,

Have you checked if the correct collection is set in the backend "Menu/Navigation" part of your site?

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

@Foobar I think you were on the right track.

I played with the main navigation a bit and I get the best results when I remove the Sparkling Water Collection link, add it back, and don't add any tags. Not sure why this is, but the products are loading as expected now. I think I can live without the tags on the Collection tags, as long as the tags are on the products, my store is small, with only 1 main collection and another secondary collection. 

bug5.jpg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 3 1

Awesome, happy to hear. Yeah, these kind of issues can be hard to troubleshoot without having admin privileges. If you should have any other issues do not hesitate to ask. Happy to see that you solved your issue

0 Likes