Products sorting

Solved
savvylevel
2 0 0

Hi team,

I have the BOOM theme installed on my Shopify store, which is a really nice theme.

The products that appear on my store product page are shown vertically, which is how I want them.

The customer can sort these products in whatever order they want from A-Z or price.

However, I want the products to appear on the products page, showing first my main product, followed by the the 

less priced products. I don't know how I can do this. The Theme support team said that it's not possible from a coding point.

I know I can sort the products in the backend of Shopify, but the options are limited and none of those options offer

for me to sort them how I want.

Any suggestions on how this can be achieved? The reason is that the first product my customers see when they land on the

product page is an item worth $23.95, but not my main product.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 54 79

Hey, @savvylevel!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! To clarify, are you referring to how products appear on your collection page, or product page? I'm unfamiliar with the BOOM theme, so I'd just like to ensure we're on the same page here. Providing screenshots or your shop's URL will likely prove to be helpful in clarifying this. 

If it is the collection page you're referring to, it sounds like you've already been in touch with our team, and that changing the sort order for products in a collection natively within Shopify isn't an approach that would work for you. Have you taken a look to see if there are any apps that might assist you with this? I was able to locate an app called Collection Sort which provides more flexibility with product sorting. They offer a 7-day free trial (in addition to a free plan for shops that have up to 100 products and 50 collections), so it may be worth testing it out to see if this is a solution for your business needs!

On the contrary, if you're referring to recommended products that display on a product page, this sounds to be either a feature from a third-party app or from within the third-party theme. If you are indeed using a third-party app to recommend products on a product page and would like to have control over their sorting, try contacting the app developer for support. In the case where this is a feature offered from your theme, your best bet would be to get in touch with the theme's developer

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify. 

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
savvylevel
2 0 0

Hi Ryder

Thanks so much for your response.

I worked it out!

It's too hard to explain, but thanks for your answer because it gave me an idea - which worked!

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 54 79

This is an accepted solution.

So glad to hear that, @savvylevel! It's my pleasure. Thanks again for using our Community Forums.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes