Prohibited items - knives

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm looking to start a Shopify website selling hand crafted knives with leather sheaths. The knives primary use is bush craft. We do not sell them as weapons. However I'm a little concerned that Shopify will take the store down. I can't find anything about selling knives on shopify their acceptable uses policy (https://www.shopify.com/legal/aup) covers guns but nothing else.  

If someone could just confirm for me that it's ok to go ahead that would be great.

It's going to be a UK based business but we may sell overseas in time.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

I believe the problem would be Google Merchant Center if you intend to advertise on Google. If someone can't get a tee shirt approved with a dog on it, then I don't think they will approve selling a knife. lol

Highlighted

@Clockwork_Moggy Looks like several other Knife companies are on the Shopify platform such as Adventure Sworn and Bison Bushcraft. I don't work for Shopify, so your mileage may vary.

If you google "bushcraft knives inurl:collections" you should find a bunch more too.

Also, shoot me a link when you get it going. I need to replace a Benchmade a buddy dropped in the marsh.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1
That's good. Configure your ads as close to theirs as possible. Good luck.
0 Likes