Promoting Shopify App Downloads - Carbon Neutral Shipping

Blake-Ecodrive
1 0 0

Hey All,

We recently launched an app that allows customers to opt into planting a tree with their order at cart to offset their carbon emissions.  We work with lots of brands and wondering the best way/any tactics for growing downloads on the app store.  Would love insights from anyone in the community!

The app name is Ecodrive

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 9.30.41 AM.png

Thanks!

0 Likes
GradenTalunFarm
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! I'm shopping for a good carbon offset app, and just wanted to offer my feedback. I hope this is taken as constructive criticism and not a diss- my first impression with the "plant a tree" plan is that it feels too general. I would also say "simplistic" but perhaps that's the only project partner you've got lined up so far? I've seen that Shopify's own app offers various projects of different kinds to do the same thing, but that may be an issue of scale. Anyways though- say that you do keep your number of partners limited, and stay focused on tree-planting- I think it's great to be more specific, to talk about where your partner(s) are particularly located and supply info like that. A) it's great for me as a business owner to know the project I'd support- plus, I'd hope to link to such a site so my own customers can see too. Perhaps you do have that info on your app's main page, I don't know. I'll check it out and see what else I can see. Cheers

0 Likes
GradenTalunFarm
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey, I did check out your profile, I see you do address the thing I talked about- specificity. To be honest, I was surprised to see the percentage fee that goes to the app itself and not the project- but for all I know, the other apps out there take the same or worse. That's something I'm struggling with. I do appreciate you're up front about it, at least.

For a constructive thought- while the flat fee is simple, I'm looking for something that directly addresses the weight and distance the package travels- but I'm sure that's a much more complicated thing to to do.

Regards

Daren

0 Likes