Publishing error to Facebook shop

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello,

I am an extreme newbie to this kind of thing. I'm trying to sell a digital product on Facebook. In the sales channel tab, it says that there are publishing errors on the product I want to sell. It says that the product must require shipping. At first I thought that you're not allowed to sell digital products on Facebook, but apparently, you can.

I thought that digital products should have shipping unchecked? The download works from my website, but apparently, the product can't be seen from my Facebook page.

What am I doing wrong?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
141 0 15

Hi Jenny,

Brian here from the Shopify support team :)

One of the product requirements for selling on Facebook, is that the product must require shipping. This means that you would not be able to publish digital downloadable products on Facebook. You can check out the full list of posting product requirements here:

https://help.shopify.com/manual/sell-online/facebook/posting-products#product-requirements

However, you could set your digital products so that they require shipping, have no weight and set up a free shipping rate for them, but Facebook may not allow this workaround. It would be a good idea to check out and pose the question on Facebook forums to see if this would be an acceptable alternative.

Kind regards,

Brian
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks so much Brian. I'll save my paperbacks for the Facebook shop then. :) I appreciate your time in responding.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having this same issue with shippable products.  Does not state the error but is not publishable to facebook for some reason.

Any Help?  Ive tried having an expert look at it and they could not see anything I am doing wrong.

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I connect my account to facebook. Everthing seems working and published. But when I hit  view on Facebook the page can not found. Pixel and account names are correct what would be the problem ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

I have a similar issue, i am trying to link my products and publish on facebook, but i keep getting facebook error " Product must be available for purchase" i dont know which part to fix my shipping rates are already free. i also put available on my shopify to online store and facebook as well. i keep getting errors on my facebook shop. can not imports my products on facebook from shopify. 

0 Likes