Purchase Notification to Suppliers

PAKoch
1 0 0

Hi, when a purchase is completed on my website, I would like details of this purchase to be sent to multiple places.  A notication should be sent to me (Admin) and my supplier.  

Does Shopify have a method of sending completed purchase details to multiple places, so my supplier can fill the order? I would like my supplier to be automatically notified of all orders, without me having to forward any emails to them.

Is that possible?

Thank you for your help,

Peter

0 Likes
Blake_Enloe
Shopify Partner
57 0 20

Hey Pakoch,

All you have to do is go to your Shopify dashboard, go to setting, then notifications and scroll down to "create notifications". You can create a notification for both you and your supplier.

Shopify Plus Developer | Get in touch: blakewenloe@yahoo.com
0 Likes
Rob55
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
58 0 11

Hey Peter!

So this does depend on how your supplier can and will receive your information.  There are certain apps that will set up and support various feeds between you and a supplier.  However, if you're looking for the most basic and simple suggestion, I would try adding them to an order notification with email if they are willing to do that.  If you go into your admin and go to settings>notification>add order notification as shown here:  

you can include them for when an order is made, they will receive the same notification that you or your staff receive.  If your supplier has a setup in place with a  FTP, URL, Google Spreadsheet/Drive, Dropbox or CSV capabilities then looking at an app like  

StockSync: https://apps.shopify.com/cloudcoder-shopify

or something similar.

If you find out more information about them let us know and we can dig deeper into this for you!

Rob
Shopify Guru

Rob Shopify Guru
Pooja_Midha
1 0 2

Hi, I have a similar question. But I am looking to selectively send notification to vendors for specific products added . Is there a way to customize the Order notification code to be able to do that?

Guillermo_Lapor
1 0 2

I am looking for the same feature.  I want send notification to my suppliers for specific products.

AAG44
1 0 0

I would also like to know how to split the order notifications for certain products/suppliers!

0 Likes