Solved

What's the best external system for managing high-volume purchase orders?

Miealine
Visitor
2 0 2

Hello everyone,

I need a Purchase order system. I mainly order products direct to order. But I have 100-200 orders pr day and a lot of suppliers.

I need to send out PO's once pr day. I have to collect all items from the same supplier into 1 PO and then send the Po to the supplier. Some suppliers I one order from once pr week, so I add all products from order up and order them together.

The system needs to be able to handle all this and show me on every order, what PO the ordered products are on.

I have tried Simple Purchase Orders App and it is not advanced enough. I cant seem to find other apps that can do this, so I am thinking, it has to be a system outside Shopify, not an app.

Thank you so much in advance!

Accepted Solution (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2226 203 593

This is an accepted solution.

I haven't used an app for this, but if you can't find an app in the Shopify app store feel free to contact my team (speedboostr.com/about). We build custom apps for stores all the time (and have a few apps in the Shopify app store).

We can build whatever you want. Custom apps are more expensive so I would try a few apps from the store first to see if one can fit your needs, but as a fallback we can build a custom solution for you.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

View solution in original post

Replies 11 (11)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
2226 203 593

This is an accepted solution.

I haven't used an app for this, but if you can't find an app in the Shopify app store feel free to contact my team (speedboostr.com/about). We build custom apps for stores all the time (and have a few apps in the Shopify app store).

We can build whatever you want. Custom apps are more expensive so I would try a few apps from the store first to see if one can fit your needs, but as a fallback we can build a custom solution for you.

• Creator of Order Automator (automate tagging, fulfillment, Amazon, notifications + more)
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Deal with Fraud / Chargebacks

lekzr
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Miealine -- We're developing a new product to help shopify owners with managing their imports. Would you be open to a quick call to learn more about how we might be able to help? Please let me know!

Det742021
Pathfinder
83 1 26

Hi

I have the same issues, how was your issues resolved, can you help?

thank you

Bernie

KevinL
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi

Have you found a solution?

I am also facing the same issue, I have multiple overseas suppliers with different currencies but I have yet to find a solution. 

Regards

Kevin

Miealine
Visitor
2 0 2
No solution yet. ☹
KevinL
Visitor
3 0 0

That is disappointing. Currently I am looking at integration with Xero via a 3rd party app and send out PO via Xero.  

KevinL
Visitor
3 0 0

I found the solution, Simple purchase order. 

https://apps.shopify.com/simple-po

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Hey @Miealine revisiting some older questions in this community with a new solution. Of course, you can create transfers within Shopify but for most stores, the workflow is too simplified. We created SKUSavvy to solve the end-to-end workflow for Shopify merchants to purchase, organize inventory, pick-pack-ship orders. 

For example, this is how your purchasing workflow works with your store connected to SKUSavvy:

1. Associate vendors with product and costs
  2. Place purchase order with your vendor
  3. Vendor receives email where they can make adjustments to cost/quantity, cancel, or approve the PO 
    Vendor email portal for PO approvalVendor email portal for PO approval
  4. When PO arrives, optionally scan a barcode associated with the shipment
  5. Check-in & scan items against the expected PO values
  6. Optionally Assign lot/expiration date
  7. Assign inventory a bin location & complete PO
    Placing a POPlacing a PO

PO Check -intPO Check -int

When inventory is added to SKUSavvy, your inventory quantities for those items will sync back to Shopify and update quantities so you can utilize SKUSavvy and your inventory point of truth. 

Using the app you'll be able to control your inventory with visual bin allocation. As orders come into your Shopify store, they will flow into SKUSavvy so you can assemble new pick batches to pick and fulfill your orders efficiently. 

Happy purchasing! Get a free account for <50 orders per month here: skusavvy.com/register

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call
JCW308
Excursionist
14 0 14

I'm looking for a tool to tell me if an item is already on order (while I am creating a new purchase order). also is there an add-in that will show customers if an item is on order?

kingstore
Shopify Partner
175 5 31

Within the SKUSavvy purchasing interface you can quickly view all stock levels of a product and be able to view orders associated with outbound or inbound orders. 

View while pacing an order with an item highlighted to show the inventory

kingstore_0-1695415300368.png

View after clicking on an inventory quantity already allocated to orders

kingstore_1-1695415382509.png

As you can see this is pretty much exactly what you are asking about, though I don't have any further details beyond what was provided. 

You can try a free account here and connect Shopify to get started. 

The best Shopify Inventory Management App: Purchases, Bin Locations, Visual Inventory, Warehouse Management, Pick Pack Ship, Cycle Counts, and more.
Get your first SKUSavvy Mobile Inventory and Order Fulfillment account free for 50 orders
Schedule a call
JCW308
Excursionist
14 0 14

Not really what we're looking for. We need a way to know if an item on a PO is already on order from our vendors and parts warehouses.