Purchase Wrong Domain - Cancelling

Solved
3 0 0

Hi there, i bought a domain 2 days ago and I realized just now that the spelling was wrong? Is it possible to change the spelling or get a tefund if the url that i want is not available? thank you!

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3473 277 649

Hi @oilsome,

Similar to the previous replies in here. Would you be able to tell me the mistake which was made, please? If you purchased the wrong .com, .ca, etc. it can't be refunded, it is only for spelling mistakes. If you could also confirm this happened on a domain bought through Shopify and not a third party domain host. Once you can confirm we can look into the next steps for this. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify |
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi! Yes its from shopify.  Instead of aviationninja.com, I want it to be aviationninjas.com

Can that still be changed??? Thank you.  

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hello, I accidentally bought the wrong domain today. I bought keepfreshlids.com, I would like to cancel and get a refund. I have already bought the correct one and I definitely don't need both. Thank you.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hello, its been taking time to get a response from Shopify.  Can you please cancel/refund www.aviationninja.com and I will just purchase a new one? Thank you.  I confirm that I bought this domain from Shopify.

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3473 277 649

Hi @oilsome,

Apologies for the delay on this. I have emailed you directly about this (to the email you signed up to the community with). Please reply to me directly there. 

@treelike, can you tell me the correct domain and point out the spelling mistake, please? It would only be possible to refund if there is a genuine spelling mistake on the domain purchase. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Good day Nick,

I purchased a new domain: foodofafrica.shop and was informed it was unavailable. So I proceeded to purchase another: foodofafricashop.com.

However when I checked my email I have been charged for BOTH domains. How do I remove one of them?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I had trouble buying a domain, it kept on throwing errors and I accidentally bought a few wrong ones. I want to cancel them. How do I do that?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Nick! I also made a spelling mistake, I bought my domain name as www.shopbabeasicscom.com, obviously that first com should not be there. Please help!

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3473 277 649

Hi @lumaidesign@Polyrhythmm & @kristenld,

I have reached out to you all directly about this on the email's you signed up the community with about this. Please reply to the email directly to verify your details and we can continue the process from there. 

@Polyrhythmm, I can't guarantee anything here, I will need to investigate this closer. 

@kristenld, this seems like a genuine mistake, but I will need to investigate. 

@lumaidesign, I also can't guarantee anything and will need to take a closer look. 

0 Likes