Purchasing error

Samq
3 0 0

Hi, my site is not live yet. But I had a friend test buy a product and it came back with an error “checkout isn’t available” . Is it because the website is it not live? Or some other settings? Thank you.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 153

Hi there @Samq!

Don here from Shopify.

There may be a couple of reasons why you weren't able to have an order go through on our site, so let's check them out together.

The first would be that in order to access your checkout area (for you or for customers) you would need to add a payment method and select a paid plan

If you're still in your trial period and then later decide you don't wish to continue with your store, you can close it down before the trial ends and you would still not be billed for this.

Let us know if this is the case for your store as it would then likely explain the behaviour you mentioned here.

If not, please share a link to your store with me here so we can run through some further checks together.

Would you have set up a payment gateway or other payment methods fully yet?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Samq
3 0 0

Hi Don,

thanks for the reply.

im waiting for PayPal approval, applied today. With Shopify checkout, do I need to start plan? I’m still in free trial, will it work?

regards,

Sam

0 Likes
lindataylor11
1 0 0

Thanks for the information. It was very useful. (https://www.editsoftdigital.com/seo-services-atlanta/)

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1212 71 153

Hi again @Samq!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that extra info!

Yes, as in my earlier reply in order to access the checkout area and start selling you would need to add a billing method and select a paid plan.

If you're looking for any other ways you can take payments from your customers, let me know in which country your store is based so I can share a list of providers available there.

Do you know what else you need to work on next for your store?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Samq
3 0 0
Hi Don,

When I select plan, it says 14 day trial. Does that mean I receive 14 days
extra on top of my free trial now before billing starts?

Thanks and regards, Sam.
0 Likes