Qty not behaving

Trailblazer
620 0 70
I was trying to setup an order for a customer via the front end this morning and am getting wildly erratic results in regards to quantity, removal from the cart, and comment integrity. I can't seem to manually adjust the quantity at all, and removal seems to half work. If I hit "remove an item" nothing visually happens. The cart still shows it. But if I navigate to a new screen and come back to my cart it is gone. A refresh does not affect what I see though. I have cleared cookies and started over more than once to no effect. Finally item, once I (the customer) has a Comment (note) in, it does not appear it can edited it at all. Help - I would hate to have customers seeing this.....
John Nanci www.ChocolateAlchemy.com The Art and Science of Homemade Chocolate
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

I just did the steps you described and they worked as expected. Can you give me a step by step clickpath which leads to wrong behavior?

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 70

Well, in classic Dr office mode, I am on a different computer and it is working perfectly.

What I did was went to Miscellaneous – adding “additional shipping”.

At the cart I changed the qty to 12 and hit update.

it stayed at 1

I went to Miscellaneous and the cart summary showed 12 items in my cart.

I added another “additional shipping”. At my cart it showed 2. Delete the item. Update – showed two. Go to Miscellaneous. Shows empty cart.

That kind of thing.

That I could not repoduce it here, I don’t know what to say. I stuggeled with this 1/2 hour this morning.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2002 0 41

wow, this almost sounds like you had two different carts going at the same time. i’ll look into the code if there is any way this could happen.

Tobias Lütke - Shopify CEO // http://twitter.com/tobi
0 Likes
Trailblazer
620 0 70

It was completely crazy. But yes, it kind of acted like two carts, blended together.

Thank for looking.

0 Likes