Quantity based discount

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Is it possible to create a single discount code that will be "buy 1 item get 20% off, buy 2 items and get 30% off"? , or do I have to use 2 different codes to do that?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hi, Shani!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

For this type of discount, you will need to use an app. The discount codes you can create within the Shopify admin would be based on a few different factors; things like discount based on product/collection/entire cart order. So at the moment, you would not be able to create a discount code based on 'buy one get X% off'. 

Also, our checkout system can only accept one discount code at a time. One discount code can only be used for one offer at a time, so you would need to create two separate discount codes here.

You can see more info here on how to create discounts via the Shopify admin directly

Take a look at the apps below, I'm sure you will find the right one for your store!

* Buy X Get One by Supple
* Upsell for Products – Buy X Get Y 
* Product Discount
* Quantity Breaks

There are more apps on our App Store here that will allow for quantity breaks and tiered pricing (buy one get X% off), feel free to take a look at those too!

Let me know if you have any more questions, happy to help :)

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you Ava, I will take a look at these apps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
804 41 123

Hey again, Shani!

Just an update on this post. The Shopify admin now offers the option to create 'Buy X Get Y' discounts, directly from the admin! There is a guide here that will walk you through how to do this.

Happy Selling!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Shani_Segev, I made a video tutorial for you on how to create a single discount code that will be "buy 1 item get 20% off, buy 2 items and get 30% off". Hope this helps! https://www.askquesty.com/post/quantity-discount-shopify-tutorial

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey @Shani_Segev !

If the above options aren't suitable, please take a look at Smarty Discounts, our quantity breaks app for shopify - it offers a wide range of options to help you discount by percentage or fixed amount, or even to set different tiers of fixed pricing for your products, collections or entire store. There's also a one-click upsell feature to help encourage people to buy more items and increase AOV

0 Likes