Quantity button issue

tonycottrell
1 0 0

Hi all,

I am a new Shopify user and very happy i found this platform. I have spent the last few days dialing in my store and testing various functions.  I am using the Venture theme and have not made any changes to the code. I am also using the trial still so i dont know if that has any impact on this. I searched everywhere for an answer to my question but couldnt find anything specific enough to help.

The issue i am having is i am able to (on any product) select any quantity in the quantity selection field. When i try to add more than is available it gives an error as seen in the photo below. I understand why it gives the error but my concern is people may not look at the actual quantity available, try to add more than is available, and then run into the error. When you get the error it doesnt even add the maximum to the cart or any for that matter. 

Is there a way to make it so the quantity button is dynamic based on actual quantity like it is on the cart page? That way if i have 3 items available i should only be able select a max of 3 with the quantity field. 

If i only have one product in my inventory is there a way to just disable the quantity field all together?

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.06.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-23 at 9.07.16 PM.png

Thank you in advance!!!

0 Likes

Hello @tonycottrell,

Did you find any solution yet? If not, you can solve this by using the MultiVariants - Bulk Order app. MultiVariants will show the available stock quantity as well as will restrict customers to increase quantity more than available in your stock.

Here is the demo, you can take a look.

MultiVariants bulk order.png

0 Likes